Ended Livelihood Assistant
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Safeguarding at Mercy Corps is committed to the community members we work with and the beneficiaries we serve. As part of this commitment, Mercy Corps has zero tolerance for violations of our Code of Conduct (Sexual Abuse of Beneficiaries and Community Members (PSEA), Anti-Trafficking Policy, Child Safeguarding Policy, Mercy Corps Ethics Complaint and Whistleblower Policy, Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying Policy, and Anti-Fraud and Corruption).
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: Livelihood Assistant
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Enclave- Taiz
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: till 31 December 2020 ,with possibility of extension based on fund and performance
Deadline : 01 July 2020
Mercy Corps drives high quality, analytical work in tough places. We have been operating in Yemen and currently manage a breadth of programs in Taiz sub-regions with funding from a basket of donors. We partner with a range of private, public and civil society actors to systemically broaden opportunities for people across Taiz. Mercy Corps is specifically expanding the livelihood assistance in the districts within the Taiz enclave and builds on our already existing programming
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Livelihood Assistant will assist in Mercy Corps’ livelihood activities and provides support to the Program Manager and Livelihood program Coordinator in the daily smooth running of the projects that involves identification, stakeholder mobilization, mentoring, coaching and capacity building of business enterprises who work with program targeted communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare and file weekly and monthly activity plans and ensure implementation according to timelines
- Participate in planning processes with service providers and provide needed support in preparation of logistics required for execution
- Support the Livelihoods Coordinator in organizing logistics required for the selection of micro enterprise development trainers and mentors
- Provide support in organizing training venues and materials for project training and monitoring activities
- Participate in the collection and review of material to be incorporated in the adaptation of project training
- Support the supervision of the delivery of training by service providers through facilitating of pre and post training assessments
- Develop and maintain project and activity logs for trainers, mentors and entrepreneurs.
Partnerships and stakeholder management
- Provide support on logistics for activities to introduce the project to public and private sector stakeholders; district authorities, chambers of commerce, local business owners and community members.
- Facilitate effective communication with project stakeholders by maintaining and following-up on records of information/communication requirements and requests
- Support the project stakeholders in organizing processes leading to the selection of business training and mentoring service providers
- Coordinate with other units in providing the required logistics for project review activities
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Follow-up and support stakeholders in the preparation of completed activity reports
- Provide inputs to the Livelihoods coordinator for the preparation of regular project activity reports
- Support the Livelihoods coordinator in the preparation and filing of key project documents such as agreements, term of reference and reports
- Support the project with the raising and preparing the required procurement and payment requests
- Provide the inputs required in the preparation of the project procurement plan and cash forecasts
Monitoring evaluation and learning
- Provide logistical support in the preparation of project MEL activities
- Participate, as required, in the collection of data during needs and market assessments and evaluation activities
- Provide inputs in the documentation and sharing of lessons from the implementation of the project.
- Maintain and monitor the project database and keeping the Livelihood Coordinator informed on required inputs.
- Participate in any required data entry and analysis of project information
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Livelihood Coordinator
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Program and MEL teams, and other Mercy Corps program and operations staff
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in business, agribusiness, agriculture, economics, or a related field is a pre.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in an NGO or private sector setting.
- Willingness to work in the field.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Strong computer (MS Office), filing, and organizational skills.
- Skills in networking, team-working, and community consultations.
- Good reporting and communication skills.
- Good spoken and written English.
The successful candidate will have an ability to work independently, take initiative in tasks and self learning, and be proactive in communications and development of professional relationships. S/he will be able to work closely with a diverse team of individuals in a highly intense and fluid work and security environment with demonstrated sensitivity to the people and issues in the country. Strict adherence to Mercy Corps security policies and procedures. Capacity to spark innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to programming and inspire groups to collaborate closely to design impactful high-quality programs. Desire and ability to learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
Please if you are interested; use the following link to apply for the position: