Ended Livelihood Coordinator
Mercy Corps is a leading international non-governmental humanitarian agency with a global mission to alleviate suffering, poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities.
Safeguarding at Mercy Corps is committed to the community members we work with and the beneficiaries we serve. As part of this commitment, Mercy Corps has zero tolerance for violations of our Code of Conduct (Sexual Abuse of Beneficiaries and Community Members (PSEA), Anti-Trafficking Policy, Child Safeguarding Policy, Mercy Corps Ethics Complaint and Whistleblower Policy, Sexual Misconduct in the Workplace Policy, Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying Policy, and Anti-Fraud and Corruption).
Mercy Corps Yemen would like to announce that the following position is currently open for recruitment:
Position Title: Livelihood Coordinator
Number of Vacancy: 1
Duty Station: Enclave- Taiz
Position Category: Full-time AND Regular
Duration of Assignment: till 31 December 2020 ,with possibility of extension based on fund and performance
Deadline : 01 July 2020
Mercy Corps drives high quality, analytical work in tough places. We have been operating in Yemen and currently manage a breadth of programs in Taiz sub-regions with funding from a basket of donors. We partner with a range of private, public and civil society actors to systemically broaden opportunities for people across Taiz. Mercy Corps is specifically expanding the livelihood assistance in the districts within the Taiz enclave and builds on our already existing programming
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY:
The Livelihood Coordinator will work to improve the economic future and quality of life of their program participants. The Livelihood Coordinator will take a lead in Mercy Corps’ livelihood activities and provides support to the Program Manager in the daily smooth running of the project that involves identification, stakeholder mobilization, mentoring, coaching and capacity building of business enterprises who work with program targeted communities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare regular project activity plans and ensure implementation according to timelines
- Closely work with service providers in the development of training plans and ensuring that the required resources are available for the delivery of training
- Conduct regular planning and engagement with other Mercy Corps programs to ensure harmonization of approaches and coordinated implementation of project activities in areas of technical and operational area overlap
- Participate in processes leading to the selection of micro enterprise development trainers and mentors
- Coordinate with the project team and key stakeholders for implementation of project activities in line with Mercy Corps project management standards and donor agreement.
- Coordinate with district authorities and private sector stakeholders in the selection, training and monitoring of micro enterprises to be supported by the project
- Provide technical inputs in the adaptation of service provider training to ensure that the content addresses the business continuity in crisis capacity building needs of micro enterprises
- Provide leadership in the supervision of service providers in the delivery of microenterprise development training and mentoring to ensure quality delivery and compliance with agreed terms
- Analyze project implementation strategies to identify constraints to program success and provide timely recommendations.
Partnerships and stakeholder management
- Organize district meetings to create awareness and mobilize support and participation of government and private sector stakeholders in the project
- Provide technical input in the development of the criteria and scope of work for use in the selection of service providers that will provide training to micro enterprises
- Support the Program Manager in the development of agreements and/or term of reference with stakeholders during implementation of the project
- Organize regular platforms to review project activities and ensure full participation of key stakeholders; government, chambers of commerce, business development training providers and business owners
- Participate in district and interagency sector coordination meetings and represent the project implementation and reporting as required
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Regularly provide the Program Manager with training and enterprise monitoring activities
- Prepare regular reports in line with Mercy Corps Yemen and donor requirements
- Ensure required project spending complies with the organizational finance and procurement policies
- Prepare and submit to the Program manager monthly project cash forecasts in line with project procurement plan
Monitoring evaluation and learning
- Collaborate with the MEL team in the development of the project MEL plan
- In close collaboration with the MEL team provide technical support in the assessment of needs for the targeted project participants, market assessments and end of project evaluation
- Provide technical inputs to MEL for the development of tools for effective monitoring of the performance of supported entrepreneurs and their enterprises
- Contribute to the documentation and sharing of lessons from the implementation of the project.
- Make on-site field visits regularly to provide technical review and/or design suggestions.
- Provide day to day supervision of the Project assistant
- Facilitate the provision of required capacity development for the project assistant
- Conduct regular performance planning and review for the project assistant
Community Accountability and Response Mechanism (CARM)
- Program CARM Focal Point will reply directly to the participant or community member with information.
- Program CARM Focal Point will report back to the CARM Officer when the information has been provided to the participant or community member.
- Program CARM Focal Points will be key knowledge holders for CARM within their programs and will lead awareness sessions with the Community Committees on CARM as needed.
- Program CARM Focal Points will support CARM officer in the roll-out plan, ensuring that CARM awareness raising activities on community levels are integrated in the program’s work plan.
- Program CARM Focal Points will report on the number of people reached by CARM Awareness Raising activities on a monthly basis, specifically during the roll-out phase.
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Proactively ensure that team members operate in a secure environment and are aware of policies.
- As part of our commitment to organizational learning and in support of our understanding that learning organizations are more effective, efficient and relevant to the communities they serve, we expect all team members to commit 5% of their time to learning activities that benefit Mercy Corps as well as themselves.
Accountability to Beneficiaries
- Mercy Corps team members are expected to support all efforts toward accountability, specifically
to our beneficiaries and to international standards guiding international relief and development work, while actively engaging beneficiary communities as equal partners in the design, monitoring and evaluation of our field projects.
- Team members are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and MC's policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: Livelihood Assistant
REPORTS DIRECTLY TO: Program Manager
WORKS DIRECTLY WITH: Program and MEL teams, and other Mercy Corps program and operations staff
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- University degree in business, agribusiness, agriculture, economics, or a related field is a prerequisite
- At least two years experience facilitating training, delivery of financial services and monitoring of micro enterprises.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in NGO or private sector setting.
- Willingness to work in the field.
- Ability to interact effectively with a wide variety of people.
- Ability to evaluate businesses and business plans.
- Skills in networking, team-working, and community consultations.
- Good reporting, communication, and representation skills.
- Good spoken and written English.
The successful candidate will have an ability to work independently, take initiative in tasks and self learning, and be proactive in communications and development of professional relationships. S/he will be able to work closely with a diverse team of individuals in a highly intense and fluid work and security environment with demonstrated sensitivity to the people and issues in the country. Strict adherence to Mercy Corps security policies and procedures. Capacity to spark innovative and entrepreneurial approaches to programming and inspire groups to collaborate closely to design impactful high-quality programs. Desire and ability to learn and grow, both personally and professionally.
Please if you are interested; use the following link to apply for the position: