Ended Mental Health Officer (Re-Advertised)
Location: Shabwa, Field Visits to Abyan, Yemen
Position: Mental Health Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: Till November 14, 2020
ABOUT RI: Relief International is a leading nonprofit organization working in roughly 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty. Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way — emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The Mental Health Officer will support design and development of the foundations of mental health interventions for RI in Yemen and contribute for a culture and practice of high-quality Mental Health programming in emergencies. This position is Shabwah based with frequent field visits to Abyan governorate.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports quality program design and implementation through research and documentation of best practices and approaches,
- Supports the development of guidance documents, operational procedures, case studies, models and other materials related to mental health and psychosocial support for internal and external dissemination
- Contributes to training curricula development and implementation of capacity building trainings, and maintains an internal library of mental health resources
- Support the development of guidance documents, operational procedures, case studies, models and other materials related to mental health and psychosocial support for internal and external dissemination
- Support the development and implementation of staff wellbeing initiatives (as per RI duty of care policies)
- Support development, monitor implementation, and analysis of mental health assessment tool for use with field offices to evaluate the level of mental health capacity per facility.
- Establishes and maintains a mental health community of practice among the different program staff
- Provide reports, and other progress reports, as needed;
- Ensure the timely and thorough documentation of cases in the RI database;
- Provide in-home counselling sessions as necessary;
- Provide crisis intervention and follow up support as necessary;
- Develop creative interventions based on needs presented by clients or community;
- Maintain updated case files for all clients;
- Support the development and implementation of mental health workshops for external stakeholders and mental health for clinical staff in HF’s as needed, provides mental health technical support to the Yemen program
- Support the development of training and awareness materials on mental health for staff at the service delivery points, awareness teams and other RI Yemen program components.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree or higher in mental health, psychology, social work, counseling or related field with post-licensure experience particularly in one of the four specializations: Clinical Psychology, Counselling Psychology, Social work (with additional psychological therapy qualification), Psychiatry (with additional psychological therapy qualification)
- Minimum of two years of professional experience in implementing emergency response programs in Yemen;
- Experience with emergency mental health/crisis interventions
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of global mhGAP guidelines and best practices
- Knowledge of mhGAP approaches in low resource and humanitarian contexts
- Research and/or monitoring experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, public speaking, and strategic planning skills required;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including patience, diplomacy, willingness to listen and respect for colleagues.
- Must be capable of working both individually and as part of a team;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Internet Explorer, Outlook/Exchange, Windows operating systems
- Proficiency in Excel, SPSS, or another statistical analysis software preferred
- Excellent oral and written Arabic language communication skills required
- Advanced proficiency in oral and written English will be desirable
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application, the deadline for receiving the application June 30, 2020.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted