Ended Field Supervisor
Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: Field Supervisor
Location: Al-Jawf Governorate
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Deadline: 05 July, 2020
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the field work for a variety of projects, which can involve either engineering, construction, or the maintenance of existing landscapes and buildings.
- Coordinates workload of crews; prioritizes job assignments; generate records and reports of activities supervised.
- Ensure a close follow-up of IDPs influx in YARD’s coverage area with coordination with the local authorities.
- Guarantee the checking of quality and the quantity of the items to be distributed to beneficiaries. This includes keeping up good recording and documentation.
- Assist and cooperate with the Project Officer in reviewing the overall Project’s Plan, as to ensure safely and timely implementation.
- Checking the BNFs information through the distribution progress.
- Ensure the checking of quality and the quantity of the items to be distributed to beneficiaries.
- Effectively participate in any required IDPs’ field assessment/s to identify the needs.
- Ensure timely required reports with photos of the various project activities.
- Represent YARD in the field.
- Ensure to generate lessons learned and project success stories in a monthly basis.
- Any other tasks assigned by WASH Officer and/or the Project Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
A University or Diploma Degree in Business Administration, Engineering and/or any equivalent field of experience, as working previously with humanitarian agencies would be preferable;
• Able to work independently and good team player.
• Reliable and punctual
• Flexible and committed
• Ability & willingness to travel to the field
• Ability to work with/in a team, but also in an autonomous way
• Ability to work under pressure and in meeting deadlines
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Skills and languages:
- English and Arabic
Interested candidates are requested to use the below link and fill in all required fields:
- Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
- This job is for only Yemen National qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital status, race, color or ethnic and national origins.
- YARD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or any other fees).