Ended Finance Officer
Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: Finance Officer
Location: Sana’a Governorate
Reports to: Project Manager/Finance Manager/Program Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Deadline: 05 July, 2020
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Assisting in the planning and preparation of budgets and ensuring close monitoring. Also, being a key point of contact for other departments on financial and accounting matters, yet within her/his project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain complete books of accounts, as per YARD’s Finance Manual.
- Checking all payment claims to ensure compliance of YARD’s policy & procedures, donors requirements, Yemeni laws and regulations.
- Ensure all payments are properly coded to record against active grant and complete authorization of respective budget holder as per YA thresholds of approval.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are supported by documents for disbursement of cash to suppliers, contractors, beneficiaries.
- Assist senior finance officer and compliance officer to strengthen internal controls & controls environment.
- Ensure appropriate segregation of duties for each & every financial management task.
- Actively participate in Budget vs. Actual review meetings.
- Prepare/review bank and cash, financial data entry on a daily basis.
- On monthly basis follow-up prepayments and accruals such as (rent, Internet service. etc.) and manage schedule on Quick books accounting system.
- Ensure preparation of staff monthly salary cost allocations in close coordination with Human Resource (HR) and senior finance officer.
- Ensure that monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts are prepared on regularly basis.
- Ensure all vouchers are kept properly in both hard and soft copies.
- Assist senior finance officer in tracing of all balance sheets accounts on monthly basis and at the end of each grant.
- Maintain asset & liabilities monthly schedules & reconciliations & ensure that all balances are reconciled with QuickBooks accounting system.
- Ensure that daily financial matters are handled in a systematic, accurate and transparent manner.
- Monitor cash & bank flows on a daily basis and maintain close coordination with financial institutions to ensure smooth cash flows. Safe guard of RDP cash from assessed / known risks.
- If due to unforeseen reasons institutional banking system services not available any alternative arrangements should be arrange with prior consent of respective program manager or senior finance officer.
- Assist field office & finance teams during Internal & external audit, donor specific audit, any authorized third party review of financial records.
- Closely work with program coordinator to fully understand financial & compliance aspects of donor funded portfolio and understand donor financial compliance requirements.
- Maintain working relationship with RDP partners and support offices to ensure smooth financial implementation of projects.
- Submit all Internal & external financial reports in a timely manner.
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from colleagues and suppliers in a timely and appropriate manner, and ensure any problematic issues are raised with the program coordinator at the earliest opportunity.
- Any other related duties as assigned by direct supervisor.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum Bachelor degree in Financing.
- A least three (3) years of experience in humanitarian context; e.g. International/UN Agencies, Local Institutions/NGOs and CSOs/CBOs.
- Team and friendly work with ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use computer Microsoft: (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint), this includes ability to use other financial programs.
- English and Arabic
The incumbent MUST be fluent in both languages (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
Interested candidates are requested to use the below link and fill in all required fields:
- Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
- This job is for only Yemen National qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital status, race, color or ethnic and national origins.
- YARD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or any other fees).