Ended Guard and Warehouse Keeper (2)
Guard and Warehouse Keeper – (2 Posts)
Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Location: Al-Jawf Governorate
Reports to: Project Manager/Operation Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Deadline: 05 July, 2020
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Security and Control:
- Perform regular rounds around the enclosure of YARD premises to prevent any external intrusion.
- Informed as quickly as those in danger in case of intrusion and contacted his supervisor as soon as possible with the available means of communication.
- Open and close the gate for inputs/outputs of individuals or vehicles.
- Perform/Check the Entry and Exit Book of visitors in the secure area according of YARD premises.
- Make sure that nobody enters the enclosure without permission and respect YARD rules (no weapon, registration…).
- Check that the access doors are closed during non- working hours.
- Ensure that no YARD material comes out of the compound without permission from logistician.
- Report any incident occurring during the shift and, in general, report any information relating to the safety of the mission.
- Maintain fully aware of awarding shift, carries a relief information by a physical inspection of the base to be note on notebook. Do not leave the base if the succession not arrived.
- Always wait for the next shift guard before leaving and never leave workplace and the premises unattended for any reason.
- Performs a safety device control so that it is firmly in place (closed doors, lights, fire extinguishers, radios, flashlights, generators, fuel reserves, water ...), and if not, notify the line supervisor.
- Ensure compound maintenance (e.g. compound cleaning, garden maintenance, garbage management, etc ...)
- Manage the start-up and stop of generator (diesel refuel before each start, check the oil level and record hours of start and stop the generator in the logbook).
- Ensure proper functioning of lighting (replacing defective light) and the portal
- Assist the driver and the team for loading / unloading vehicle.
- Support for various small -time logistics work (arrangement / moving chairs, small furniture or boxes, repairing).
- Be flexible in performing his duties
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem
- Perform other additional duties on request of the Admin/Log Officer PROFIL REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in similar position.
- Excellent Communication Skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Diligent attention to detail and safety.
- English will be an asset
Interested candidates are requested to use the below link and fill in all required fields:
- Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
- This job is for only Yemen National qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital status, race, color or ethnic and national origins.
- YARD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or any other fees).