Hygiene Promotion Officer
Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: Hygiene Promotion Officer
Location: Al-Jawf Governorate
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Deadline: 05 July, 2020
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager, the Hygiene Promotion Officer will be responsible to organize community awareness on hygiene related issues, community mobilization and monitoring and reporting of all the activities concerning hygiene communities’ awareness campaigns, sessions and needs identifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of Project Manager, undertake/take part in quantitative/qualitative assessments to identify key risky hygiene behaviors to work on and to capture key achievements with-in the framework of project/s,
- Undertake assessments to identify appropriate hygiene needs and ensure distribution of the same
- Train volunteers workers on the basics of hygiene promotion/education, hygiene promotion/education methods/approaches, communication and facilitation skills,
- Prepare detail implementation plan for hygiene promotion activities in coordination with the Project Manager,
- Ensure implementation of hygiene promotion activities as per planned approaches/methods,
- Work closely with WASH Officer on development, testing, printing and positioning of culturally appropriate IEC materials, and monitoring tools and ensure proper use of the same,
- Prepare weekly and monthly progress reports/updates,
- Document and share lessons learned and success stories in relation to hygiene to inform future programming
- Ensure proper implementation of hygiene and sanitation component of WASH projects with-in allocated budget and timeline meeting international standards;
- Visit the camp regularly and provide on-site mentoring to hygiene and sanitation team in the camp.
- Ensure that procurements are timely initiated, monitored and prioritized by the logistics team.
- Attend Task force and coordination meeting at Camp as instructed by the supervisor.
- Plan and monitor the distribution of Hygiene Kits.
- Hygiene Promoter will conduct specific sessions to water vendors or those responsible for trucking, selling, and monitoring water collection on cholera prevention messages, on the importance of safe water handling, and on the purpose of chlorination.
- Managing all the Community Health Volunteers/Hygiene Promoters and collecting the required reports from them.
- Any other task not here listed and necessary to the projects achievement in the sector and area of assignment.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum Bachelor degree in Public Health, Business Administration, International Development or similar fields is highly desirable.
- A least three (3) years of Hygiene Promotion experience in humanitarian context; e.g. International/UN Agencies, Local Institutions/NGOs and CSOs/CBOs.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal and communications skills.
- Proven trainings attended to relatively local and/or International Hygiene.
- Adherence to Humanitarian principles of Neutrality, Impartiality, Independence and Humanity.
- Team and friendly work with ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to use computer Microsoft: (WORD, Excel, PowerPoint), this includes ability to use other programs of data analysis.
- English and Arabic
The incumbent MUST be fluent in both languages (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
Interested candidates are requested to use the below link and fill in all required fields:
- Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
- This job is for only Yemen National qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital status, race, color or ethnic and national origins.
- YARD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or any other fees).