Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: Logistic Assistant
Location: Sana’a Governorate
Reports to: Project Manager/Operation Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Deadline: 05 July, 2020
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive materials and supplies, store them in assigned locations and distribute them according to YARD procedures
- Maintain records of all incoming and outgoing materials
- Supervise packing, loading and unloading of all materials
- Informs suppliers on short supplies and ensures all over/wrongly consigned goods are returned to suppliers.
- Ensure availability of storage space and maintain orderliness and cleanliness of the warehouse at all times
- Ensure safety and security of materials
- Ensure that only authorized staff are allowed to enter the warehouse and receive supplies or materials
- Maintains an up-to-date electronic record of all correspondence related to purchase orders, requisitions and Good Received Notes (GRN) and records.
- Prepare periodic stock reports and assist in carrying out periodic physical inventory checks.
- Conduct the Logistic Function to ensure timely and accurate processing and documentation of Procurement as described in the Field Procurement Manual. Support & Supervise future Procurement Officer/Assistant.
- Oversee use of the Electronic Operation System found in the Office in a Box.
- Conduct random Checks to ensure accuracy and quality.
- Monitor service contracts and overall contract management in Aljawf.
- Facilitate tender openings, as necessary.
- Work together with finance to ensure compliance and timely processing of payment according to Schedule.
- Oversee procurement of goods, commodities and services against fully approved and financially reviewed purchase request.
- Daily coordination with operations and program staff on procurement activities;
- Ensure that the procurement department supports the programs efficiently and compliantly.
- Full understanding of YARD Logistic policies and formats.
- Provide training to staff on these policies;
- Ensure that YARD’s Logistic activities are legal and moral.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting is required.
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software, preferably QuickBooks accounting system and high-level of Microsoft Excel.
- Prior working experience with NGOs.
- Very Good communication and reporting skills in written and spoken English.
- Excellent in using Microsoft including (word, excel, power point and emails).
- English and Arabic
The incumbent MUST be fluent in both languages (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
Interested candidates are requested to use the below link and fill in all required fields:
- Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
- This job is for only Yemen National qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital status, race, color or ethnic and national origins.
- YARD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or any other fees).