Ended Project Coordinator (2)
Project Coordinator – (2 Posts)
Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: Project Coordinator
Location: Al-Jawf Governorate
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Deadline: 05 July, 2020
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Under the dirstct supervision of the Project Manager, the Project Coordinator is an administrative professional who will assists the project manager with organizing, controlling and monitoring the project activities through communicating risks, opportunities and current state of the project. They fulfill their obligations by coordinating meetings, resources, equipment and information
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance to the YARD WASH team, including staff and volunteers, while working on operational issues related to the implementation of activities.
- Planning and coordinating with the team for all activities.
- Conducting frequent monitoring field visits to closely supervise the YARD WASH team and ensure proper implementation of project activities.
- Monthly reporting to the PM, and other Authorized Managers and Donor, on the implementation progress, and providing recommendations for activities quality improvement and project sustainability.
- Coordinating and supervising YARD’ project-related activities, including performance indicator/target tracking, internal and external capacity building and awareness raising activities.
- Ensuring high quality of YARD’ services/outputs and related records and overall due project implementation in conformity with local laws, organizational regulations, donor agreement and the thereby stipulated goals, objectives and deadlines.
- Coordinate all administrative and financial issues related to the area of responsibility as to ensure that all are in accordance with YARD’ guidelines and requirements.
- Reporting, on a regular/periodic and ad hoc basis, on WASH activities and events in the area of responsibility, in accordance with the YARD’ and UNICEF requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by YARD Management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- University degree in Management, Education, Psychology, Social Sciences or other related discipline. Advanced university degree would be an advantage;
- Relevant professional experience in protection of not less than two (2) years, preferably at a coordinator or management level and/or in humanitarian context.
- Prior experience with any International NGO is preferable.
- Knowledge of and experience in project planning, project cycle management and logical framework.
- Prior experience with persons of concern (including internally displaced persons, conflict-affected host communities, extremely vulnerable individuals);
- Familiarity with overall protection concepts and principles;
- Strong oral and written English skills.
- Ability to think independently and problem solving.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
- Excellent in using Microsoft including (word, excel, power point and emails).
- English and Arabic
The incumbent MUST be fluent in both languages (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
Interested candidates are requested to use the below link and fill in all required fields:
- Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
- This job is for only Yemen National qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital status, race, color or ethnic and national origins.
- YARD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or any other fees).