Ended Project Manager
Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: Project Manager
Location: Sana’a and Al-Jawf Governorate
Reports to: Program Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Deadline: 05 July, 2020
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) Project Manager (PM) is responsible for running and supervising water, sanitation and hygiene programs at all stages of the project management cycle. He/she is also responsible for accomplishing the program objectives and outcomes within the contextual constraints. The PM ensures the overall success of the project by making sure that WASH team completes the defined activities while adhering to internal standards and contractual obligations; and that the project is completed on time, within the budget and with acceptable quality.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop projects strategies, tools and work plans appropriate to the local context;
- Ensure that the YARD WASH project is implemented on time and in a cohesive and integrated manner;
- Assess, plan, implement, monitor all WASH project activities;
- Lead the development and implementation of necessary field assessments and the collection of all the data related to the WASH project in the targeted area;
- Coordinate and supervise the work of the WASH team;
- Supervise the all WASH related construction activities at field level, ensuring the quality of works;
- Liaise and coordinate all the project activities with the local authorities and the beneficiaries engaged in the projects;
- Participate in relevant sector meetings at local and national level and meeting with local authorities;
- Develop projects reports using the appropriate tools and templates;
- Manage the WASH projects budget, in close collaboration with the Finance Unit.
- Manage all related project equipment and materials in close consultation with the logistic/procurement officer;
- Participate in staff training, helping to build technical capacity of staff, operators and partners in the area of WASH
- Review, in coordination with Program Manager that monthly progress is performed according to the plan, as to ensure long-term and short-term priorities are on track;
- Support the implementation of a common monitoring, evaluation, and learning system among all partners and analyze the technical data it generates to inform projects management;
Specific technical WASH tasks:
- Develop and participate in community consultations in order to better identify the communities’ needs;
- Develop and participate in Technical assessments at field level;
- Review technical designs and specification and BOQs;
- Perform site supervision and inspection of the works during implementation and at completion of WASH activities;
- Ensure safety procedures and rules are respected in the field by all workers;
- Resolve any conflicts on construction sites;
- Supervise the hand-over of the WASH infrastructure to local municipalities;
- Ensure compliance with YARD administrative and logistical procedures;
- Monthly reporting to Program Manager;
- Contribute to the projects reporting and new proposals;
- Ensure maintaining high confidentiality of information, up to date documents, including processes and verification.
- Proactively engage with your supervisor and key staff.
- Proactively engage on a regular basis with your supervisor to develop working networks to seek advice where needed.
- Represent YARD in a positive and professional manner to contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of YARD Code of Conduct with regard to other actors.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, WASH/Civil/Environmental. Engineering, International Development or similar fields is highly desirable.
- A least four (4) years of senior-level management experience in the development sector, including at least three (3) years of experience in managing WASH, water infrastructure and / or economic recovery programming; or experience in integrated program development and management.
- Experience working in Consortia with international partners and local institutions and local actors, including local NGOs and CSOs/CBOs.
- Must be Yemeni and have the ability to adapt with the site circumstances.
- Strong project management and planning skills: assessments, design, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting, with good skills in managing related data analysis;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact professionally with donor, project stakeholders, in-country collaborators and staff at all levels of the organization;
- Knowledge of participatory approaches and tools to community planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrate ability in thinking creatively and practically to improve the quality of projects and problem solving;
- Strong MS Office skills, including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- English and Arabic
The incumbent MUST be fluent in both languages (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
Interested candidates are requested to use the below link and fill in all required fields:
- Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
- This job is for only Yemen National qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital status, race, color or ethnic and national origins.
- YARD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or any other fees).