Ended Data Management Assistant
CARE International is currently seeking a Data Management Assistant. He/ She will be state the position's overall purpose or objective, highlighting the general functions for which the position is responsible.
Data Management Assistant
The Data Management Assistant is a member of the MEAL Team and assists the team in the development implementation, and management of the Data/Information Management System of the Field Office. This includes preparation of data collection forms, entering data into the appropriate database software, conduct analysis and prepare internal reports Project
Data Entry and Management
- Manage beneficiary database management system and enter beneficiary's data into the database software by inputting alphabetic and numeric information on keyboard or downloading data from host pages’ webs.
- Manage other program data and enter the data into appropriate database
- Prepare source data for computer entry by compiling and sorting information; establishing entry priorities.
- Transferring data from paper formats via computers, as deemed necessary
- Updating any changes in the project entered data and other information received form field staff under the supervision of the MEAL Officer
- When necessary, verify data by correctly checking and comparing source documentation
- Organize paper formats, paper back-ups, and materials source files as needed
Data Quality and Analysis:
- Ensure data quality by reviewing data for deficiencies; resolving discrepancies by using standard procedures or returning incomplete documents to the team leader for resolution.
- Analyze data and prepare report in regular bases.
Data Security and Archiving:
- Secures information by completing data base backups.
- Archive document in timely manner.
- Maintain confidentiality of data including beneficiary’s information
- Complying with security backups and regular checks to ensure data is saved and stored properly.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Computer, Statistics or relevant field
- 2-3 years of Data Entry experience related to development and humanitarian sector
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Database Management System, SPSS.
- Excellent English language skills
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
- Minimum typing speed required is 45 words per minute
- Excellent analytical skills
- 2-3 years of experience in data management and data security
- Experience in data analysis and reporting
- Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
Application Procedure: Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by June 30th , 2020 to YEMVacancyAden@care.org with the subject heading ‘Data Management Assistant - Aden’. Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.