Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: Reporting Officer
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Deadline: 05 July, 2020
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compile field level information required to produce weekly and biweekly progress updates, monthly Situation Reports donor appeals, and updates related to the humanitarian assistance in the country following the standard reporting format/scheme, quarterly indicator reports, bi-annual, annual reports and other narrative reports as assigned by the relevant departments;
- Overseeing reporting and data quality in an accurate and timely manner;
- Systematically screens and cross-checks internal and external reports, situational reports, information and communication material for accuracy and consistency;
- Maintains a close collaboration with the Monitoring and Evaluation team, field and technical Teams to ensure a smooth exchange of information.
- Provide technical support, training and clarification on reporting policies;
- Monitor and review regular sources of information and data required for preparation of reports, e.g., information from field staff, surveys, information from field monitors, protection statistics reports;
- Train The Technical Team on the requirements of the donor reporting templates.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience :
- University degree with relevant experience and advanced training/courses in journalism, English, social sciences, international relations, communications, or other related fields.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Reporting and Data Analysis;
- Excellent fluency in written English and Arabic is required;
- Proven writing and design skills and ability to present information clearly and concisely visually and narratively;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to deliver reports according to strict donor requirements;
- Knowledge of report writing software such as Microsoft Publisher, Excel, and PowerPoint are required.
- Experience in graphic design is an advantage;
- Proactive, motivated, innovative and adaptable individual, who can take initiative;
- Ability to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines;
- Ability to travel to the field if needed.
skills and languages:
Interested candidates are requested to use the below link and fill in all required fields:
- Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
- This job is for only Yemen National qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital status, race, color or ethnic and national origins.
- YARD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or any other fees).