Ended WASH Officer
Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: WASH Officer
Location: Al-Jawf Governorate/ Sana’a
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: 6 Months
Deadline: 05 July, 2020
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
Under the close supervision of the Project Manager, the incumbents will contribute to planning, administration, implementation, monitoring and the evaluation of project activities, including teamwork, capacity building, and coordination. The incumbent is expected to work under the technical guidance of the WASH Specialist in Sana’a Country Office.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Implementation & Supervision of Water & Sanitation Activities:
- Produce technical files (BoQs, Drawing, .. etc.) according to the identified needs, standards and available resources.
- Ensure the construction and/or the maintenance of construction works using Solidarities International tools.
- Supervise contractors and engage with communities, and ensure the best use of available resources
- Anticipate any problems associated with the management of their activities and propose solutions to the WASH PM to avoid them
- Manage the supply of worksite materials as instructed by the WASH PM by collaborating with the logistics department
- Report periodically on the state of ‘field’ stock on his/her sites.
- Establish safety and security measures for each activity and ensure that these rules are respected by the workforce under his/her supervision.
- Collaborate with local authorities and administration to ensure access and authorized works as requested by the WASH PM.
- Collaborate with other WASH actor field staff as needed to facilitate the smooth implementation of activities as instructed by the WASH PM.
- Any other tasks assigned by YARD Management
- Keep his/her monitoring tools and files archived and accessible to the Project Manager and Program Manager.
- Take part in the drafting of project progress reports under the supervision of the WASH PM
- Take part in seminars and workshops related to the carrying-out of activities and to project objectives
- Report to the WASH PM regarding the development of activities and specific tasks that they been assigned, any problems encountered and the quality of relations with the beneficiaries
- Report back all information or problems linked to his/her activity, Solidarities programs or safety issues
- Analyze the humanitarian situation by taking into account protection issues/Do No Harm to the population
- Take part in lessons learned workshops and other program evaluation activities
- Take part in WASH-specific inter-agency meetings as well as other bi-lateral meetings as instructed by the WASH PM
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering.
- Knowledge of/in Water projects: Pumping Stations, Boreholes, Solar Power Systems, Hydraulic Pressures, and Engines.
- Additional training in Water or Environmental Engineering, Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication) is an asset.
- Must be willing to learn new skills and procedures
- Must be a good team player with good communication skills (Arabic essential, English is desirable)
Skills and languages:
- English and Arabic
The incumbent MUST be fluent in both languages
Interested candidates are requested to use the below link and fill in all required fields:
- Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
- This job is for only Yemen National qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital status, race, color or ethnic and national origins.
- YARD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or any other fees).