WASH Technical Engineer (3)
Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development (YARD) is seeking to recruit:
Position: WASH Technical Engineer
Location: Al-Jawf Governorate
Reports to: Project Manager/WASH Specialist
Duration: 6 Months
Deadline: 05 July, 2020
Brief Overview: Yemen Al-Khair for Relief and Development Foundation (YARD) is a National/Local Non-Government Foundation established for providing humanitarian assistance to individuals and community development and disaster relief, since 2013. YARD has been implementing various emergency, relief and development projects, as it has presence in 4 governorates in Yemen. Its programs are supported by UNHCR, UNICEF, UNFPA and UNOCHA. YARD is undertaking programs in the fields of CCCM, Shelter/NFIs, Protection, Cash Assistance, Education, WASH and Livelihood Programming, targeting IDPs, host communities and the most vulnerable individuals.
The WASH Engineer is responsible for leading the planning and implementation of water and sanitation service improvements in the targeted areas to ensure access to safe water to low- income urban and rural consumers. An important component of that is developing the technical capacity of other colleges/partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reassessing the rehabilitation works pre the implementation.
- Submitting an action plan defined with details and enhanced with time frame for every activity.
- Participating in handing over the sites to the contractors according to the plan in coordination with all the stakeholders.
- Conducting the technical management in term of the field supervision.
- Submitting the financial deliverables according to the followed instructions in coordination with the stakeholders.
- Submitting the weekly reports and facilitating the constructor works.
- Preparing a plan to raise reports and submitting deliverables.
- Participating in constant coordination with the project staff and providing them with the vital info of the project.
- Ensure quality control on implementation and ensure that the provided materials are met the specifications and quality standards.
- Documenting all implemented works and take notes/comments on daily basis.
- Raising reports or suggestions in case of any breaching in the quality of implementation
- Receiving/dealing with all the letters/requests that provided by the contractor, and deliver/discuss them with the YARD WASH Specialist.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Civil engineering knowledge (particularly in water supply, pumping, boreholes)
- Knowledge about water projects, hydraulic pressures, pumps and engines.
- Must be willing to learn new skills and procedures
- Strong oral and written English skills.
- Ability to interpret figures.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
- Honest, hardworking and committed to community development.
- Very Good communication and reporting skills in written and spoken English.
- Excellent in using Microsoft including (word, excel, power point and emails).
- English and Arabic
The incumbent MUST be fluent in both languages (Reading, Writing, Speaking and Listening)
Interested candidates are requested to use the below link and fill in all required fields:
- Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Shortlisted candidates may be required to sit for a test.
- This job is for only Yemen National qualified candidates, regardless of disability, gender identity, marital status, race, color or ethnic and national origins.
- YARD does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing or any other fees).