Ended Senior Finance Officer
Action Contre la Faim is an International Humanitarian Organization which is private, non-political, non-denomination and non-profit making. Action Contre la Faim vocation is to save lives by combating hunger, disease and those crises threatening the lives of vulnerable men, women and children. Action Contre la Faim currently operates in 46 countries including Yemen globally and conduct programs in nutrition, food security, health, water and sanitation.
JOB TITLE: Senior Finance Officer
Duration: 6 Months
Salary and Benefits: Gross monthly salary: 1227 $ - 1468 $
Medical and Life insurance: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents
Mission 1: Manage the base bank books
- Monitor bank flows on daily basis, and request accurate and timely cash supply.
- Prepare the day to day external & internal payments (checks & transfers) before submitting for signature, in accordance with ACF Accountancy & Cash Management Policy
- Ensure financial transactions are accurately recorded in the bankbook in a timely manner, and are accompanied by relevant supporting documentation, duly signed and authorized by relevant budget holder, and Finance Validation
- Receive and check the eligibility of invoices submitted for payment (compliance with purchase voucher, required information)
- Check accuracy and consistency of purchase documentation and validation before releasing payment
- Update the bank books at real time on Excel and do the importation in SAGA
- Safe keeping of check books
- Codify electronic entries, and physical proof of payments.
- Ensure all documents are sent to the capital on a monthly basis, after being archived according to ACF Accounting/Finance Procedures
- Responsible for Payment Tracker with assistance of cashier-administrative Assistant.
- monitoring cash levels in base Bank Accounts, and all cash Box in the base
- Carrying out regular cash count, and bank reconciliations as per ACF Financial, and administrative procedure.
- Prepare the monthly closer (documentation & SAGA), and the necessary adjustments after consulting with the Finance Manager
- Maintains and updates list of the bank signatories for all field offices and tracks changes ie additions and deletions of signatories
Mission 2 Support the Finance Manager in the general follow up of the administration of the base
- Provides timely support to the program and support teams on appropriate budget and allocation basis
- Offer possible accounting advance procedure improvements
- Follow up & assist the pre-auditors with the missing documents in accordance with the risk table
- Assist the finance Manager in monthly treasury forecast.
- Review the official e-mails on a daily basis, respond to queries from suppliers and colleagues in a timely and appropriate manner, and ensure any problematic issues are raised with the line manager at the earliest opportunity
- Translate accounting documents as needed
- Any other assignment requested by his/her Line Manager
Qualifications and skills required:
- Minimum bachelor degree in finance and accounting
- Minimum 3 years relevant professional experience working in finance department in national or international humanitarian organization
- Demonstrable experience in team management
- Good communication skills
- Arabic native speaker, with excellent English language skills (speak, read and write)
- Excellent computer skills (proven computer literacy)
- Readiness to commit and adhere to the values, mission and vision of ACF
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Attention to detail and structured way of approaching tasks
- Ability to plan ahead and output oriented
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and respect line management
- Practical and problem-solver
- Ability to deal with heavy work pressure
- Level of the position: Officer.
- Basic salary in accordance with our National Salary grid.
- Transportation allowance.
- Eid bonus: a full basic salary per year.
- Medical and life insurance coverage: Including the employee, spouse, children and parents.
ACF offers equal opportunities, however priority given to qualified female and/or persons with a disability.
Send application comprising a detailed CV and Cover Letter in English, clearly mention the position you have applied + the location of the position and your name in the title, to firstname.lastname@example.org or in a sealed envelope dropped at ACF office latest by 4 / July / 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted