Shelter Project Assistant
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Help plan and take part in need assessments, baseline studies and periodic studies and feedback findings to the stakeholders.
- Ensure proper filing of technical documents in both hard and soft copies.
- Take part in technical surveys for shelter related infrastructure, prepare BoQs for shelter and CCCM activities, TLSs and schools rehabilitation BoQs and supervising and track the contractors, drawing and cost estimated.
- Help plan activities implementation of Shelter/CCCM and Education activities in the AoR.
- Collate data from the incentive workers and prepare regular reports on activities and shelter condition for monitoring.
- Liaise with community leaders and other sectors and agencies working locally in order to coordinate within the shelter sector and between sectors such as WASH, RRRM and Food Security.
- Supervise the casuals and community committees and ensure the proper work is delivered.
- Prepare activity implementation and monitoring reports.
- Supervise construction and rehabilitation of shelters and ensure all construction is done with quality as per specified technical drawings and BoQs.
- Identify the beneficiaries, distribute the shelter cash transfer for shelter upgrade, CCCM CFW and the distribution of shelter NFIs/CCCM kits and ESKs.
- Facilitate appropriate community involvement in design and delivery of essential shelter projects activities.
- Beneficiaries and other stakeholder’s community mobilization.
- Enable effective dialogue with the affected community to allow the agency to be held to account for the quality of the shelters programs.
- Doing any other tasks required by line manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering / Architecture or other construction related Engineering.
- previous experience in conducting shelter projects will be preferred.
- Good documentation and report writing skills is required.
- Experience from working as a Shelter Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Some knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of the context in Yemen.
- Knowledge of the local language Arabic.
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Handling insecure environment.
We can offer
- Till 31/December/2020 (Renewable based on funding/ Performance).
- Females candidates strongly encouraged to apply .
To apply for this position, please click on the following link to apply from NRC job site