Ended Site Engineer ( CCCM )
Job Title: Site Engineer ( CCCM )
Classification Level: As per YRCS salary Scale.
Organizational Unit :Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS) HQ
Immediate Supervisor’s Title: Program Coordinator
Technical Manager’s Title : Program Coordinator
Duty Station: Amran Branch
Duration of Assignment: Initially 2 Months
Terms of employment: Employment is full time according to YRCS guidelines
Organizational context (where the job is located in the Organization)
The Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS) has been implementing various humanitarian services aiming at building resilient communities since its establishment in Yemen. YRCS strive to build the capacity of the communities to enable them to help themselves during both disasters/crisis and normal time. Taking into consideration of this the YRCS has developed its strategic plan guided by the following lessons learnt: only developing long term plan is not enough; working through strong partnerships and cross sectorial collaborations with government , Movement and UN partners; and building a strong and dynamic organization capable of delivering humanitarian services and facilitating the communities to empower themselves for humanitarian response, which clearly underscore the facts that further efforts need to be made for strengthening its institutional capacity and also diversify the partnership to deliver effective and efficient services at different level. The escalation of conflict in March 2015 has significantly increased role of YRCS HQs and branches to cater emergency health services to save lives of vulnerable population.
The YRCS strategic plan has set a vision “protect human dignity, save lives and promote the wellbeing of vulnerable people”. In line with its vision, a mission statement has been developed along with five strategic objectives to build resilient communities through various development initiatives primarily in the field of Health/ Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Disaster Management (DM), Protection Management .
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, The Site Engineer ( CCCM ) will lead the technical implementation of the Water, Sanitation and Hygiene component. The Site Engineer will be responsible for the identification, design, implementation, monitoring and reporting on engineering project activities and administrative tasks in the assigned district.
Job duties and responsibilities
- Site Engineering (CCCM) will be responsible for the implementation of the projects' activities at field level. He or she will be responsible for Design, bills of quantities (BOQs), specifications, contract development, and quotation review, follow-up and evaluation of activities related to the construction of latrines and rehabilitation / desludging latrines, checking of materials specifications, and implementation of all WASH activities.
- The Site Engineering (CCCM) will support the Project Coordinator in ensuring the effective implementation of all aspects of this project related to all WASH rehabilitation activities,
- Work with the Project Coordinator officer to make weekly plans and field visits.
- Ensure the quality and efficiency of all field work done relevant to WASH rehabilitation activities and tasks in line with the comprehensive execution plan, MoUs, WASH standards and requirements to ensure high technical quality.
- Prepare and Implement all of the WASH assessments related to the project’s activities in terms of the projects selection and designing
- Submit any relevant documentation to Project Coordinator at the end of each day with work summary
- Perform regular work inspections to assure quality of works and compatibility with agreed specification, standard and drawings
- Supervise daily activities of relevant staff and progress of works
- Assure safety of the works and proper usage of PPE by YRCS staff and monitor if contractors following the safety standards and rules
- Check and validate with Project Coordinator each invoice submitted by contractor to find out the quantities that that have been implemented on site before paid the required payment
- Prepare with the contractor and the authority / owner concerned to deliver each site when the project is about to be completed.
- Drafting and follow up the relevant correspondence and reports in coordination with Project coordinator
- Prepare, check the quality and accuracy of all documents submitted by the field staff (beneficiary lists, reports, analysis, forms etc.).
- Maintain an efficient, organized system of paperwork and reporting for field work, and Supporting data entry, documentation and the preparation of documents
- Photographic documentation of implemented activities and ensure that donor visibility is respected
- Assist in the identification and location of beneficiaries when requested
- Regular visits to field areas to supervise all WASH infrastructure activities and ensuring quality of all WASH infrastructures.
- Supervise the selection of the materials, equipment, and resources for the public health / hygiene promotion and community participation activities with suitable technical specifications and assuring quality.
- Preparation of weekly, monthly and field visit reports and sharing with Project coordinator on timely manner.
- Ensure proper Record keeping for all WASH infrastructure activities in hard and soft form
- Perform other duties as requested by the project
Technical qualifications & Experience
- A university degree in engineering BSc in Civil, Construction Engineer.
- Minimum 3-year experience in a position with similar responsibilities, in technical project implementation and commissioning, construction site and contractor's management
- Good analytical skills, process design skills and project planning and management skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities, work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances
- Fluency in Arabic and strong English skills required
- Understanding of the principles of non-governmental organizations is an asset
- Spoken and written English proficiency is essential.
- Red Cross Red Crescent work experience, including disaster management/Protection management; work experience with I/NGOs.
Interested candidates should send their Cover Letter & CVs in English to both email
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”