Ended CCCM Officer
Job Title: CCCM Officer
Classification Level: As per YRCS salary Scale.
Organizational Unit : Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS) HQ
Immediate Supervisor’s Title: Program Coordinator
Technical Manager’s Title : Program Coordinator
Duty Station: Amran Branch
Duration of Assignment: Initially 2 Months
Terms of employment: Employment is full time according to YRCS guidelines
Organizational context (where the job is located in the Organization)
The Yemen Red Crescent Society (YRCS) has been implementing various humanitarian services aiming at building resilient communities since its establishment in Yemen. YRCS strive to build the capacity of the communities to enable them to help themselves during both disasters/crisis and normal time. Taking into consideration of this the YRCS has developed its strategic plan guided by the following lessons learnt: only developing long term plan is not enough; working through strong partnerships and cross sectorial collaborations with government , Movement and UN partners; and building a strong and dynamic organization capable of delivering humanitarian services and facilitating the communities to empower themselves for humanitarian response, which clearly underscore the facts that further efforts need to be made for strengthening its institutional capacity and also diversify the partnership to deliver effective and efficient services at different level. The escalation of conflict in March 2015 has significantly increased role of YRCS HQs and branches to cater emergency health services to save lives of vulnerable population.
The YRCS strategic plan has set a vision “protect human dignity, save lives and promote the wellbeing of vulnerable people”. In line with its vision, a mission statement has been developed along with five strategic objectives to build resilient communities through various development initiatives primarily in the field of Health/ Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), Disaster Management (DM), Protection Management .
Under the supervision of the Program Coordinator, the CCCM Officer will dedicate 100% of his/her time leading, coordinating and ensuring the high quality implementation of YRCS Program activities in Amran Governorates. The CCCM Officer will be in charge of coordinating closely with stakeholders and beneficiaries in the targeted governorates and ensure the appropriate implementation of all programs activities in the field. This position is based in YRCS Amran Branch, and reports directly to Programs Coordinator
Job duties and responsibilities
- Adherence to YRCS policies, guidance and procedures
- Contribute to the development of CCCM CC strategies and development of relevant CC projects
- Assist implementation of Camp Management project activities, budget and project
- documentation in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Provide regular progress reports to the management/Community services coordinator
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess new and better ways to assist.
- Liaise and coordinate with relevant local authorities and other key stakeholders.
- Promote the rights of IDPs in line with the advocacy strategy
- Participate in coordinating and strengthening of an effective and transparent coordination system in the camp, including coordination of service provision and other defined camp activities.
- Develop a continuous and constructive communication with all stakeholders.
- Attend to and process information sharing needs received from UNHCR, Government Authorities and other partners
- Assist in promoting community and agencies understanding of different roles and responsibilities implemented by Stakeholders in CCCM.
- Support adherence to Standard Operating Procedures during implementation of various activities in the camp, e.g. flow management at distribution.
- Assist in preparing service monitoring reports and disseminating the finding to community representatives and the residents of the camp.
- Monitor and ensure that IDP committees and actors working in the camp act and behave according to agree upon Codes of Conduct (CoC) and Terms of Reference (ToRs)
- Promote the camp population's self-reliance and ownership of decision-making processes through identifying strategies and project-cycle stages where camp community should be involved.
- Assist in capacity building activities of community representatives in the camp.
- Contribute with coordinating adequate reporting and effective information sharing including disaggregating data by age and gender
- Promote inclusion approaches in implementing activities in the camp including participation of Persons of Specific Needs (PSN’s).
- Assist in ensuring that infrastructural improvement, repair and rehabilitation of camp infrastructure aimed at improving safety and protection of refugees and asylum seekers within the IDP camps are made according to relevant standards and guidelines.
- Identify solutions/strategies that promote community participation in care and maintenance activities in the camp and support to create/support care and maintenance committees.
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with site management team, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members as well as host community members.
- Attend and facilitate meetings with stakeholders, such as local authorities, Sub-National Clusters, NGOs, INGOs, UN and IDPs, including translation of meeting proceedings atc..
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Academy college / University
- Minimum of two years of relevant project experience; Technical specific knowledge from the humanitarian sector.
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Community Development, Project Planning and Management, Education or a related Social Science degree.
- Results-oriented attitude, with the ability to establish and supervise technical lines, promote communication, knowledge sharing and culture of learning, manage multiple work streams while ensuring quality.
- Ability to rapidly understand the policy, strategic and institutional environment.
- Understanding and experience of project monitoring, evaluation and reporting, with the ability to design effective M&E tools.
- Commitment to participatory and inclusive methods of working..
- Red Cross Red Crescent work experience, including disaster management/Protection management; work experience with I/NGOs.
- Fluency in English, both written and oral.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to deliver lively training in English/Arabic.
- Sound interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, with in particular the ability to write concise, accurate reports in easily-understood language.
- Political and cultural awareness.
Interested candidates should send their Cover Letter & CVs in English to both email
“Please mention the Position and Duty Station on your email Subject”