Ended Field Coordinator
JOB TITLE: Field Coordinator (1)
REPORTS TO: Project Manager
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Duration: 3 Month renewable upon performance
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Deadline Date: 02/07/2020
Building Foundation for Development (BFD), a non-Governmental, non-Profit organization (NGO), a humanitarian based development oriented which over years extended coverage to several governorates. It is being committed to contribute in attainment of the sustainable human development goals and realization of the vision of peace and welfare through sustainable and effective development projects.
please visit www.bfdyemen.org for more information.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Key Responsibilities/Tasks Description:
- Ensure adequate monitoring, reporting and acquittal of emergency activities within the Area Management, and the timely provision of situation reports.
- Ensure emergency (RRM) activities are carried out in accordance with the Sphere Minimum Standards and Humanitarian Charter in disaster response.
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, host government, and other principle stakeholders including the local authorities where present.
- Represent RRM in meetings with government officials, cluster members in govern, other NGOs …etc. as required and ensure circulation of minutes to relevant actors.
- Ensure all personnel understand individual and collective responsibilities. Prepare periodic progress reports and other documents related to RRM.
- In collaboration with Field team and support staff, play a lead role in design and development RRM emergency project as required.
- Support in the development of contingency and RRM emergency response plans and managing any associated budgets, as appropriate.
- Closely monitor events in humanitarian issues, in order to update and adjust program activities and approaches, when necessary.
- Conduct regular reviews of progress against indicators, lessons learned, and challenges encountered, in order to ensure the achievement of performance targets and adherence to technical standards, best practices and donor
- Ensure quality implementation of RRM at field level taking into consideration appropriate response modalities and the needs of the most vulnerable.
- Collect data, prepare and submit required reports for RRM project, monthly performance indicator tracking tables, baseline and final evaluation reports, and others.
- Support development and monitoring of RRM emergency budgets, and provide emergency field teams with regular updates on available budgets to guide implementation.
- Lead on the development on detailed implementation plan (DIP) activities and M&E data with the aim of improving existing approaches and identifying opportunities for innovation in RRM responses.
- Coordinating the RRM with other humanitarian partners possessing emergency response capacity to avoid overlapping/facilitate synergies.
- Write rapid needs assessment reports using defined RRM format, and within established deadlines, providing clear operational recommendations.
- Review existing assessment tools and propose improvements/ adjustments to the Emergency Coordinator as necessary and in line with the RRM mandate.
- Participating in relevant coordination forums to share updates on the RRM (methodology, tools, results, operations, etc.)
- Following up with the Clusters and other inter-agency forums, on the recommendations produced by the RRM to increase coverage of needs (where gaps identified).
- Link with the M&E team to facilitate external monitoring of the project and take corrective actions where necessary
- Link with the M&E team to facilitate the roll out of a feedback and complaint mechanism as part of the RRM
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services.
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field.
- Perform other additional duties on request of the program management or area office teams according to the needs.
- Bachelor Digress at least 3-4 years of professional experience working as a technical expert in the area Emergency Food Distribution, Shelter/NFI– ideally combined with experience in RRM Distribution.
- Good knowledge of Sana'a districts.
- Advanced degree in social science or any related field related to Food security, WASH or Shelter
- Prior work experience in INGO in project coordination.
- Prior experience in working in complex emergency setting, involving internal displacement
- Demonstrable experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with donors and government counterparts
- Proven experience in staff supervision and remote management
- Strong experience with Assessment monitoring tools and systems
- Admin/finance skills
- Strong representation and negotiation skills, demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills, strong communication and diplomatic skills
- Analytical skills, observation and analysis capacity
- Strong team spirit, comfortable in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to plan ahead and stress-resilient
- Additional qualities: ability to multi-task, ability to handle pressure well, ability to improvise, flexibility, adaptability to transitions
If you believe that you have the qualification and skills to excel in this position, Please send your CV, Clearly stating the job you are applying
Please if you are interested click the following link to apply for the post;
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Deadline to send your application: before: 02/07/2020