Ended Internal Audit/Compliance Officer
Job Title: Internal Audit Officer/Compliance Officer
Department: Internal Audit Department
Salary and Benefits: Gross monthly salary: $1,259 $ (can be increased significantly based on experience in INGOs Internal Auditing departments)
Contract Type: Fixed Term (with 3-6-month probationary period).
Duration: Till December 2020 (Renewable)
Reports To: Internal Audit Manager
Announcing Date: 28/06/2020
Announcement Closing Date: 04/07/2020
Location: Aden, Yemen
This position is in a well-structured experienced NNGOs. The purpose of the position of Internal Audit Officer is to assist the Internal Auditor in conducting operational, financial and compliance audits to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of internal controls; determine compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations; and participate as a member of special investigation teams when assigned.
- Conduct internal control assessments in finance, admin, procurement, program and HR as assigned by Internal Auditor and based on internal audit plan.
- Follow-up of closed projects in coordination with finance, MEAL, programs and projects. Participate in control self-assessments with other departments.
- Participate in risk assessment workshop sessions
- Prepare draft audit and compliance reports to Internal Auditor in a timely fashion.
- Conduct monthly/quarterly procurement spot checks and highlight noncompliance issues identified.
- Ensuring an appropriate electronic documentation system, and providing strong supporting evidence and documentation for all audits conducted by the Department.
- Analyze financial expenditure documents to identify compliance issues and flagging
- Review partners’ and consortia financial activities when assigned and participate in sub grantees’ due diligence assessments
- Conduct vetting and due diligence on vendors and partners as assigned.
- Review policies and procedures to determine challenges; e.g. child protection issues.
- Continuous review and evaluation of adherence to the policies and procedures of the foundation and donors in regards to procurement, financial management, human resources, administrative matters, logistics and programs, as set out in the relevant manuals and guidelines.
- Assist in the formulation and updating of relevant departmental documents, including, but not limited to: appropriate tools, relevant policies and procedures, training materials and assessments, etc., particularly from the perspective of compliance.
- Practice behavior consistent with gender diversity and equity
- Identifying and implementing initiatives that promote gender equity and diversity (recommending diversity in employment, non-discrimination at work place.
Requirements (Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities):
- First degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline (Accountant).
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in auditing and compliance. Skills in procurement and financial audits are desirable.
- Level II of Professional accounting qualification such as CPA or ACCA is preferred.
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Fully aware of auditing systems and procedures used in INGOs that fulfils donors’ regulations.
- Computer literate or experience, including word processing, databases/ spreadsheet uses with good numerical skills.
- Knowledge of the rules and regulations of key donors.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Creative problem solver who thrives when presented with a challenge
- Good numerical skills
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of working.
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- The deadline for receiving applications is Saturday July 4, 2020
- Note that this recruitment is competency-based and all applicant from around Yemen are encouraged to apply. As long as they have the required experience.
- Interested candidates are requested to submit their application by CLICKING HERE: https://forms.gle/fFBsBVB9iePwSdYA6
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted