FSL Team Leader (Agriculture Support)
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
FSL Team Leader (Agriculture Support) (1)
Location of position: Al-MOKHA, Yemen
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running emergency projects with an integrated FSL (Agricultural and Cash) and WASH approach mostly in Lahj, Hodeidah and Taiz governorates.
SI opened a base in Al Mokha and operates on the West coast in Wash and FSL project; a sub-base in Al Khawkhah is open for the implementation needs.
MISSION / OBJECTIVES:
The Team Leader will coordinate and supervise a team of FSL Officers, and ensure the good implementation of the FSL activities in respect with Solidarités International technical recommendations and procedures.
Setting up the activities /control and supervision
- Plan the weekly activities for his/her team and have them approved by his/her line manager:
- Plan human resources needs (daily workers, workers...)
- Plan tools and material needs (request from stock)
- Anticipate administrative issues (requests in advance)
- Anticipate logistics issues (transport, communication means...)
- Organize and carry out, with his/her team, tasks assigned by his/her line manager: beneficiaries’ selection, presentation of the activities, sensitization – mobilization, distribution activities
- Update the beneficiaries database and prepare the lists and beneficiary/distribution cards.
- Ensure adherence to selection and targeting criteria.
- Supervise and monitor each stage of activity. Ensure that standards and instructions given by his/her line manager, as well as SI procedures, are followed.
- Supervise the monitoring of the result indicators: Supervise the distribution process, conduct baseline/endline surveys, post-distribution monitoring
- Ensure the quality of the data that is collected during monitoring and evaluation through training and database check and management
- Respect schedules and deadlines agreed upon with his/her line manager
- Anticipate any problems associated with the carrying out of his/her activity and solve any problem
- Report back any problems and constraints encountered during the course of the activities and suggest operational solutions
- Liaise with the population to understand needs, complaints, and major events that may have an impact on the implementation of activities.
- Monitor the local context and socio-economic situation in the area of intervention, in link with FSL.
Logistics and Administration
- Follow and respect HR procedures for recruitment of long-term and temporary staff
- Train his/her team members to use and maintain the project management tools correctly
- Follow-up with support departments orders and deliveries for the program
- Ensure that safety procedures are followed by members of his/her team
- Monitor the quality and quantity of material ordered and delivered to field sites
- Ensure the receipt and storage of material and equipment necessary for his/her work to be carried out on field site
Reporting / communication
- Write a weekly report to his/her line manager
- Take part in weekly program meetings and clusters on request
- Archive program files and documents in hard and soft copy
- Take part in the drafting of the monthly program pack
- Establish and maintain good relationships with local stakeholders and communities and communicate minutes and updates of meetings and/or events
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, ID, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: email@example.com
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
NB: CV and Cover letter must be in English.
Final date for applications: 11th of July 2020