FSL Program Manager
Solidarités International seeks to recruit:
FSL Program Manager (1)
Location of position: Al-MOKHA, Yemen
The position still in pending confirmation of available funding.
I. Presentation of organization
Solidarités International (SI) is a French humanitarian organization, which has been committed to provide aid in the event of conflicts and natural disasters. SI mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI has opened a mission in Yemen since mid-September 2017. The mission is currently running emergency projects with an integrated FSL (Agricultural and Cash) and WASH approach mostly in Lahj, Hodeidah and Taiz governorates.
SI opened a base in Al Mokha and operates on the West coast in Wash and FSL project; a sub-base in Al Khawkhah is open for the implementation needs.
MISSION / OBJECTIVES:
- The manager is in charge of implementing and achieving the objectives of the project.
- He/she is in charge of supervising the operational teams allocated to his/her program.
- He/she guarantees the proper execution and the quality of the implemented program and, if applicable, suggests adjustments or developments to ensure its relevance.
Project relevance, quality and design
- Contribute to organize and facilitate assessments & evaluation
- Contribute to define Solidarités International’s local strategy and contribute to the annual programming by proposing new activities
- Participate to proposal writing in his/her zone as per request of line and technical manager
- Implement activities in compliance with the annual operational strategy, Solidarités International’s technical requirements and donors’ requirements
- Evaluate the relevance of the activities carried out, as well as the effectiveness of the interventions and their appropriateness with respect to contextual developments and the populations’ needs
- Ensure that program objectives meet sustainability requirements and, if required, compliance with established norms and standards
Implementation and operational monitoring
- Plan the program implementation in light with established deadlines, objectives, technical specification and support department (Log/HR/Admin) requirements, including Donor’s specifications
- Update the project management, monitoring and evaluation tools
- Propose and monitor quality criteria and monitoring indicators
- Support and advise to the Admin/Logistics department for specific purchase for the program
- Supervise and provide support to monitor and evaluate the activities, working hand in hand with MEAL Department when relevant
- Anticipate any issues linked to activities’ implementation, support problem solving and adjustments
- Work hand in hand with the administrative department, contribute to developing budgets relative to his/her program and monitor expenses and budget/cash flow forecasts
- Participate in the hiring of the team, define job description
- Manage, train and support the team under his/her responsibility
- Set up technical training depending on operational needs and identified training requirements
- Evaluate and assess the performance of staff under his/her direct supervision
- Ensure adherence to security regulations by personnel under his/her supervision
- Ensure the safe deployment of his/her team and implementation of activities in regard with SI rules and guidelines
Reporting / communication / representation
- Share security updates with relevant managers
- Write regular activity monitoring reports and any document required for the financial/narrative internal/donor reporting,
- Ensure that all reports are delivered on time and in the correct format
- Maintain a local operational communications network and good relations with local authorities and humanitarian stakeholders
- Represent SI at local level
- Reply to Coordination information requests
- Participate in the writing of any administrative documents (Agreements, MOU, handover…) to be signed with government authorities, communities or partners
- Prepare and participate into program meetings
- Update the capitalization tools proposed by Solidarités International
- Participate in the centralization and sharing of procedures, guides and tools
- Capitalize on intervention methods and techniques and on the experiences acquired by SI
- Write procurement and handover reports before the end of his/her contract
- Health insurance covered by SI
- 2,750 USD of monthly Basic Salary
- 100 USD of monthly transportation allowance
- Potential 100 USD of monthly Housing allowance according to eligibility criteria for people living outside of Mokha district Allowance for initial installation and travel
Please submit your application (CV, Cover Letter, ID, Photocopies of diplomas, Certificates of employment etc.) to Solidarités International by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Title of the related position must be written in the email subject
NB: The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
NB: CV and Cover letter must be in English.
Final date for applications: 11th of July 2020