Ended Medical Doctor (for Referrals)
Medical Doctor (for Referrals)
Position status: Full-time
Location: AL-Salakhana (Hodeida Governorate) – COVID 19
Contract duration: 3 months with possibility of renewal.
Doctors Without Borders / Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, humanitarian, non-governmental organisation providing assistance to people in need as a result of natural and man-made disasters, irrespective of race, religion, ideology or politics.
Coordinate referrals of MSF patients to designated structures, ensuring optimum implementation of the referral policy, and follow up of the patients until discharge.
- Monitor and ensure the proper application of the MSF Referral Policies by following all the referral processes and theirs outcomes.
- Ensures a correct flow of the patients referred by MSF projects to referral hospitals, from the moment of transfer from MSF hospital until the moment of the discharge from the referral hospital.
- Facilitates admission procedure for the patients that are referred from MSF hospital to the destination Hospital, in case of problems and do the regular follow up of the cases while admitted in the referral hospital and ensure that they are receiving quality care.
- In collaboration with the Referral Liaison Officer, ensure that sufficient drugs and supply materials are available for the referrals cases.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, ensure that information regarding referrals is understood by the patient and relatives.
- Review the bills/invoices from the referral hospitals as well as designated drug pharmacy and check that the prescriptions are coherent with the diagnosis and the prices are following the standard price list from the hospitals in cooperation and to be approved by the medical coordinator.
- Keep the referral files in the medical office and computer and the invoices filed in a tidy and organized way.
- Ensure proper data collection of the referred patients , and provide weekly and monthly reports Due to the nature of the mission, flexibility in tasks will be asked for in order to assure the good functioning of the mission and the well-being of the patients.
- Medical Doctor Diploma. Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine or emergency medicine. Medical licence from the Yemeni Medical Council is mandatory
- 2 year experience minimum as a medical doctor in a clinical work (can be within medical training). Good knowledge of Yemen health system.
- Arabic and English languages mandatory
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
People Management, Commitment, Flexibility, Results oriented, Teamwork
All applicants should submit a CV, Cover letter, ID Copy of Medical qualification and medical license and other certificates.
To MSFCH- AL SALAKHANA – HUDEIDAH CV Drop Box
Or to the following email with the subject: REFERRALMEDICAL DOCTOR
Deadline for the submission of applications is 5:00 PM on 2nd July 2020
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!