Ended IT Assistant
JOB TITLE: IT Assistant
LOCATION: Main Office sanaa
REPORTS TO: HR/Officer ,Manger
Contract Type: Full time
Contract Duration: Three Month renewable upon performance
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Deadline Date: 3/07/2020
Building Foundation for Development (BFD), a non-Governmental, non-Profit organization (NGO), a humanitarian-based development oriented which over years extended coverage to several governorates. It is being committed to contribute in attainment of the sustainable human development goals and realization of the vision of peace and welfare through sustainable and effective development projects.
please visit www.bfdyemen.org for more information.
The IT Support team maintains the computer networks of all types of organization, providing technical support and ensuring the whole organization runs smoothly. IT Support monitors and maintains the organization computer systems, installs and configures hardware and software, and solves technical problems. Because of the nature of the job.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide basic training to new staffs on IT policy and existing IT equipment use.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers and scanners.
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems, networks and printers.
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the organization (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Testing new technology.
- Support Logistics Department on editing, implementing or improving logistics tools and software if needed.
- Support on filing, archiving, scanning documentations if requested.
Human Resources & Program System:
- Arrange HR system end user training session, liaise with Field office staff provide support if required
- Update staff movement i.e. change of line manager, new position, other information related to employment within three (3) days after the effective date, and regularly maintain up-to-date employee data after HR system Go Live
- Update missing personal information on System and ensure all information is updated and correct.
- Ensure all mandatory information in system is recorded accurately.
- Ensure a good data quality reports are established.
- Follow up staff other type leaves, performance appraisal quarterly and annually in the system and maintain updated offline trackers for marriage, study and other.
- Update offline users’ accounts, and upload there annual leaves, performance appraisal quarterly and annually to the system.
- Run daily reports to ensure data accuracy.
- Setting up accounts for new users
- Ensure that all queries from auditors are responded and handled in timely manner in close coordination with Finance department
- Comply with all relevant BFD policies and procedures, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Ensure a continuous back-up system of all computers at base level is in line with the procedure.
- Follow up the maintenance and ensure the user’s training of the shared document system on at base level in order to secure data sharing and back-up.
- Advise all members on how to maintain database security and confidentiality.
- Ensure an adequate, accurate and secured IT system (Internet connection, data shared storage, Back-up systems, telecommunication devices and restrictions).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology (IT) or Any other Computer Science Degree.
- Strong English language skills & native speaker of the Arabic language.
- Ability to act independently in a self-directed manner and to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Desirable working experience of at least one year in HR/Finance Assistant.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in IT infrastructure planning, development, and troubleshooting.
- Good networking skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and relevant stakeholders.
- Fluent English and Arabic, both spoken and written.
If you believe that you have the qualification and skills to excel in this position, Please send your CV, Clearly stating the job you are applying
Please if you are interested click the following link to apply for the post;
- Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency; we may fill the position prior to the closing date
- Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply
- Deadline to send your application: before: 03/07/2020