Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an International, independently funded, non-profit, humanitarian medical organization that offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural and manmade disasters and to victims of armed conflict without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. MSF is currently recruiting the following position based in Taiz-Huban:
Title: BIOMED SPECIALIST
Generic Function: LOGISTICS SPECIALIST
Level: 8 (E)
Position in the Organization
Reports to (Hierarchical): Logistic Coordinator/in the project LTL
Reports to (Functional): Logistic Coordinator
Job Family: Logistics
Supervises (Function): LogCo technical logistics
Carrying out assessments and ensuring the implementation, maintenance and monitoring of the Biomed activities including repairs, maintenance of equipment and planning of biomed orders according to MSF protocols and standards in order to ensure the correct use and efficient functioning of the Biomed equipment of the mission
- Defining procedures and managing the implementation, monitoring, maintenance and correct functioning of the biomedical workshop, including spare parts, technical documentations, tools, etc., including the following tasks:
- Organising and participating in the installation and replacement of the equipment and following up the different maintenance contracts (propose renewal before they expire)
- Identifying the equipment requiring after sale services and ensuring their return in medical services. Performing fault diagnosis, curative and preventive maintenance, annual diagnosis and certification for those items of equipment for which specialised training has been received
- Participating in the assessment of local suppliers and ensuring a good supply of spare parts from them
- Managing inventory of spare parts and back-up equipment at mission level and checking and advising on international orders for consumables and spare parts.
- Managing the biomed technicians at the level of the project and elaborating their activities planning and in close coordination with HR department, planning and supervising the associated processes (recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility
- Acting as a technical referent and providing assistance to project Biomedical Technicians when maintenance work requires further assistance, documentation or additional tools. Taking the lead in organising user training where required
- Ensuring the proper documentation, filing and the compilation of the installation and maintenance done or required as well as defining functioning standards and monitoring systems
- Performing delegated tasks as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager
MSF Section/Context Specific Accountabilities
- Support the project Biomed tech-create the maintenance schedule for the equipment park and ensure it is followed
- Support the projects Biomed and carry out preventive and curative maintenance works according to protocols/manuals.
- Support Record and file records of all maintenance (preventive and curative).The date of intervention, replaced parts, problems and solutions should be included.
- Support the projects Biomed tech-ensure good care of equipment by the medical teams, and ensure that cleaning and simple maintenance is properly carried out.
- If maintenance work requires further assistance, documentation or additional tools this shall be requested from, and provided by, the supervisor.
- Support the Biomed tech in the projects on report equipment failures identified by users. Make a first diagnosis and repair proposal to the supervisor.
- Advice on the egularly update the preventive maintenance schedule according to the advice of the support documentation, the manufacturer’s recommendations or the Biomedical Referent.
Biomed Stock Management:
- Support the inventory of spare parts and avoid stock rupture by making regular and timely proposals for orders to the line manager.
- In collaboration with Biomed tech in the projects and capital pharmacy stock manager/ warehouse supervisor/ supply officer, ensure adequate stock of consumables for biomedical devices.
- Keep track of the arrival of orders and returned repairs, request information in case of delay and / or emergency.
- Staff are not allow to chew QAT during working hours.
- Under no circumstances are firearms/weapons allowed in MSF vehicles or on MSF premises.
- Review the international order for the Biomed spare parts for all projects.
- Regular support visit to the projects
The above-mentioned activities and responsibilities are not exhaustive, and staff may be assigned additional responsibilities or tasks as required.
- Diploma as Biomedical technician, biomedical engineer, electronic technician, electronic engineer
- Demonstrable technical skills and understanding
- Experience as a biomedical technician. (Minimum 2 years experience).
- Pedagogical skills are an asset
English language and Arabic language.
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Teamwork and Cooperation L2
- Behavioural Flexibility L2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3
All applicants should submit an application letter in English (explaining relevant experience and motivation), CV, Copies of relevant Degrees, recommendation letters, Copy of Yemeni National ID Card by email to: email@example.com
Applicants must put “BIOMED SPECIALIST” in the subject line.
Closing date: 8th July 2020 at 5:00 PM.
- NO transportation and NO per diems will be provided during recruitment procedure.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted and dates for exams/tests and interviews will be communicated with them after the closing date.
- Applicants who will not submit an identity card will not be selected for the test