Ended Radio Operator
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an independent, neutral organization ensuring humanitarian protection and assistance for victims of war and armed violence. Please visit www.icrc.org for more information.
The ICRC is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of:
Contract type: Open ended
Duty Station: ADEN
People Management Responsibilities: No
The Radio Operator operates the ICRC’s telecommunications equipment. S/he maintains radio contact and telecommunications between sites, vehicles and people so that the delegation can follow field movements in accordance with its programme and with security rules.
Accountabilities & Responsibilities
- Follows communication and transmission activity via telecommunications equipment.
- Ensures constant contact with people moving in the field and takes appropriate action as stipulated under security rules and internal guidelines.
- Proactively maintains information flow on security-related issues.
- Updates lists of field movements, messages transmitted, etc.
- Gives radio-related briefings if required.
Scope & Impact
•Provides services at the (sub-) delegation/office/assignment level (local remit).
•Mainly interacts with ICRC employees, but may have some external contacts.
- Good command (spoken and written) of English
- Good computer knowledge.
- Vocational training in electronics, telecommunication, IT or similar field an asset.
Professional Experience Required
- Good knowledge of the country and local terrain.
- Some experience working with the ICRC an asset.
- Letter of Motivation in English
- C.V. in English (maximum 3 pages);
- Copies of the Academic Certificates, Work Certificates, and Letters of Recommendation if any.
Please send your applications by email to: email@example.com
indicating in the subject line: Radio Operator
Applications with no clear indication of the subject will not be considered
Deadline to send your application: .05.07.2020