Ended BSFP Officer
Job Title: BSFP Officer
No of position: 1 Positions
Deadline: July 4th, 2020
Contract Type: Special Service Contract
Duration: 6 Months renewable based on funding availability
Duty Station: Based in Hajja Governorate with regular visits to Head office in Sana’a
Probationary Period: Six months
Department: Health & Nutrition Programs
Reporting to: Senior Nutrition Officer
The BSFP Officer will be responsible for managing and supervising all the project activities within his Governorate, focusing on the Blanket Supplementary Feeding Program component through managing the field project staff. He \ She will work under direct supervision of the Senior Nutrition Officer to whom regular reports and certain data should be submitted. BSFP Officer will represent RDP on the Governorate level and actively participate in the coordination processes with Local Authorities, GHO, SCHAMCHA and Clusters.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate with local authorities, GHO, SCHAMCHA and other concerned parties regarding the project initiation, implementation and supervision.
- Coordinate with other Non-Government Organizations (NGOs) working in Health and Nutrition projects at Governorate level and share notes and where necessary plan jointly.
- Attend all related coordination meetings/forums at Governorate level and provide feedback to other staff and the line supervisor.
- Provide technical support, guidance and capacity building to the project field staff (District Supervisors, BSFP Distribution Monitors, Health Workers, Warehouse Keepers and Community Nutrition Volunteers) on effective implementation of the project at field level.
- Supervise the distribution of supplementary food to children under 2 years and Pregnant and Lactating Women (PLW) as per the CMAM guidelines.
- Work closely with RDP district supervisors, BSFP Distribution Monitors and Warehouse Keepers to ensure smooth implementation of BSFP component, timely registration of project beneficiaries and issuance of proper project identification documents.
- Timely request of all required nutrition commodities on a monthly basis or as advised to ensure timely dispatch and distribution to avoid missing any cycle, using, reviewing and compiling the district supervisors related documents.
- Monitoring and tracking all nutrition commodities issued to RDP to ensure they reaches the intended final distribution points and that the same reaches the intended beneficiaries.
- Conduct frequent field supervisory visits to the targeted districts, Health Facilities and Food Distribution Points (FDPs) to ensure that project activities are implemented as per the Project agreement.
- Submit daily/weekly/monthly distribution reports to the Senior Nutrition Officer and received weekly/monthly cycle report from District Supervisor and send them to the Senior Nutrition Officer.
- Compile and submit on a timely manner both RDP and donor reports with assistance from other appropriate project staff i.e. monthly nutrition reports (CMAM database, CHVs database, RDP MEAL Dept.), monthly progress report, WFP Cooperating Partner Distribution Report (CPDR), Stock Report, Quarterly/Annual donor reports.
- Provide regular and timely updates to RDP Senior Nutrition Officer and the rest of the project management team on progress, priorities and constraints both verbally and in writing.
- Compile documentation of best practices and lessons learnt within the organization and with other stakeholders in the project areas.
- Maintain proper filing systems and storage of all project documents, reports and other relevant technical materials (both hard and soft copies).
- Report any problems in a timely manner to the Senior Nutrition Officer and Field Office Manager and react properly for solving them.
- Cooperate with RDP Logistic, Finance, Admin and Human Resources departments in order to facilitate field activities.
- Comply with RDP policies and procedures with respect to code of conduct, child protection, equal opportunities, security and safety, and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
- University degree in medicine, public health, nutrition or any other related field.
- A minimum of 1 year work experience, with 6 months of work experience in the field with local communities and NGOs. SFP work experience is mandatory.
- Native Arabic with excellent English, both written and spoken.
- Demonstrated ability to reporting using nutrition standard forms with gender disaggregated data.
- Excellent computer skills particularly in Microsoft Applications.
- Experience of emergency nutrition intervention including undertaking assessments, contributing to designing, implementing and running programs, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability and willingness to frequently travel and stay at the field.
- Strong commitment to capacity building of RDP nutrition staff with willingness to adopt a participatory and consultative management approach.
- Flexible, adaptable, able to improvise and work in stressful, volatile environment
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and negotiate clearly and effectively at all levels, taking into account cultural and language difficulties.
Interested candidates should apply through this link:
not later than July 4th, 2020.
For more information about RDP, please visit our website at http://rdpf.org