Ended Early Recovery Officer
CARE International is currently seeking an Early Recovery Officer. S/he will be responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of ER programs through support to the ER teams and ensuring adherence to CARE and Donor guidelines and standards. The ER Officer is in charge of building the capacity of the ER team and CARE internal and external representation and coordination.
Early Recovery Officer
The Early Recovery Officer reports to Development Team Leader- Economic Resilience S/He will contribute and support the implementation of Early Recovery program through assisting the Development Team Leader – Economic Resilience to run the project interventions duly and in accordance with project documents and work plan. S/he will do this by assisting with the implementation, coordination, and monitoring of the project and activities, providing administrative support to the project and maintaining project archives, documenting the project, and assisting with training and workshops. S/he will be focal point to coordinate closely with local implementing partner and other relevant parties in order to realizing project’s objectives. Early Recovery covers Vocational trainings for beneficiaries, and strengthen their resilience. CARE’s Early Recovery program also includes rehabilitation of communal assets as part of Cash for Work (CFW).
Planning and Implementation:
- Make sure timely, accurate and high-quality project implementation as per work plan through effective liaison with related partners.
- Provide support to the establishment of early recovery program, youth entrepreneurship and livelihoods network
- Monitor project activities and interventions so they are implemented accordance with project outputs and expected impacts.
- Offer ideas, suggestions and recommendations, which improve the project team performance and facilitate the implementation of the project activities, which includes team-training needs.
- Assist with the production of project briefs and agreements and any material in Arabic and English.
- Liaise with the project’s partners, arranging, providing technical support confirming site visits and meetings and if appropriate attending and recording these.
- Monitor implementation of project activities by Implementing Local Partner when needed.
- Helping to analyze, identify and recommend amendments to the planned activities for enhancement of project delivery at national and governmental levels for sustained empowerment of youth, which can include obtaining good quality of early recovery program.
- In close coordination with the Development Team Leader- Economic resilience to develop quarterly work and action plans and progress reports against outputs and deliverables;
- Provide on-going support to the team in Pamodzi.
Program Impact, Learning and Knowledge Management:
- Implement strategies for achieving and capturing impact of project activities
- Identify and document lessons learned. Analyze and document results through reports and publications.
- Ensure that project files are up to date and well maintained.
- Conceives and elaborate community development interventions with specific focus on mobilizing continued funding for the program.
- In close coordination with the Development Team Leader- Economic Resilience, provide guidance and technical support to Local Implementing Partner and consultants to ensure effective implementation of planned interventions assigned
Line Management, Communication and Coordination:
- Coordinate with partners (INGOs, NGOs, local authorities and community leaders) based on participation principles to enable a well-organized planning of effective learning and sharing
- In coordination with the (Development Team Leader- Economic Resilience), communicate in liaison with related partners, including disseminating information to them, collecting information from them, replying to their queries.
- Ensure timely and sufficient information-sharing on project implementation with the Development Team Leader- Economic Resilience, project partners and other relevant stakeholders and maintain close communications with them for quality of empowerment of youth which may include education;
- In coordination with the Development Team Leader- Economic Resilience), explore the scope of possible effective coordination, on a regular basis, between the project and governmental bodies where appropriate for effective implementation and enhanced sustainability of the project.
- Line manage ER Field Officers where appropriate.
- University degree in Development, Education, Economic resilience, or related field
- Desired knowledge of frameworks of Early recovery program and Entrepreneurship
- Excellent knowledge and experience of women and youth economic development
- Good communication skills with the host communities and Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs)
- Good level of English language both spoken and written
- 2+ years of experience in project management and/or a similar capacity
- Experience in planning, monitoring (programmatic and financial), and documentation
- 2+ years of experience in Early recovery program and entrepreneurship
- Experience in budgeting and donor reporting.
- Demonstrable experience in community mobilization
- Ability to work under pressure
- Sensitive to gender issues and Gender Equity and Diversity (GED) principles
- High level of team sprit
Comply with all relevant CARE policies and procedures with respect to child protection, workplace environment, employee code of conduct and all other related subjects.
Interested applicants should send a CV (English) by July 5th 2020 to YEMVacancyAden@care.org with the subject heading: Early Recovery Officer - Aden Please do not apply unless you meet minimum application requirements, otherwise you will not be considered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted