The HALO Trust is the world’s largest humanitarian demining organization. HALO is a non-governmental, non-political, non-religious organization headquartered in the UK. HALO’s mission is to protect lives and restore the livelihoods of those affected by conflict. We clear landmines and the explosive debris of war so families, communities and countries can recover.
JOB TITLE: Administrative Officer
REPORTING TO: Programme Manager
The Administrative Officer supports senior management in the effective and efficient conduct and coordination of HQ functions. The AO has primary responsibility for programme HR and administrative matters, and provides translation and interpretation to international staff as required. The AO liaises externally with national and local government contacts, as well as with partners within the mine action sector. The AO must be versatile, flexible, a strong communicator and able to provide good quality input and advice to management. The AO is expected to have wide understanding of programme activities, and must be able to fill gaps where necessary.
- Maintaining internal administrative systems and documentations in line with HALO internal and donor policies
- Managing communications with internal and external stakeholders Managing other HQ administrative staff, including cooks, cleaners and guards
- Managing international staff travel, visa, work permit and residency arrangements Preparing and scheduling events and meetings with external parties
- Translating documents and providing live translation from English to Arabic and vice versa during the meetings.
- Provide general support for national and international visitors to HALO Yemen.
- Conduct and develop effective communication channel with the governmental bodies (e.g. MOPIC, Immigration)
- Support on any registration, accreditation or compliance matters arising at the local level
- Managing programme human resources (HR), including contracts, attendance and leave tracking, payroll, discipline and dispute resolution
- Ensuring all physical and digital HR records are kept up to date and are compliant with national Labour Code regulations and HALO internal and donor requirements
- Managing recruitment process from start to finish, ensuring compliance throughout with HALO recruitment policy and national legislation
- Taking daily HQ attendance, and field attendance remotely and reporting and sickness or unauthorized absence to the Medical Officer or senior management
- Monitoring staff sickness and unauthorized absences and reporting any trends to senior management Ensuring HALO policies are accurately translated and communicated to staff, and that new recruits receive adequate induction in their contents
- Ensuring employment contracts and secondment agreements are accurately translated and filled, and follow up on any missing documentation
- Processing monthly payroll accurately on time in coordination with the Finance Department, ensuring all payroll documentation is digitally and physically filed and payslips are issued to staff
- Processing leavers’ exit process (including resignation, termination, and end of contracts) and final payments due
- Producing monthly rota for HQ guards and ensuring attendance
- Record disciplinary measures and participate in disciplinary hearings with senior staff
- Track employee’s leave accurately and report outstanding balance to senior staff on monthly basis
REQUIREMENTS – ESSENTIAL
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR or related field
- Minimum two years’ experience within administration, HR or related field Advanced spoken and written English
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills with high attention to detail. Strong computer literacy, with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work effectively with a team in a culturally diverse environment. Knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work. Commitment to HALO’s Values and Standards at all times, in and out of work
- Commitment to HALO’s Global and National Policies, including Safeguarding & Whistleblowing.
To apply please submit a CV (two pages maximum) and cover letter (one page maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org CVs must include at least two professional references
Please mention the job title in the subject line of the email.
Closing date: Thursday 9 July 2020
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interview