CCCM Assistant (3)
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement.
- Assist in the assessment of information needs among the camp population and host communities.
- Conduct information/sensitization campaigns, update information boards, mobilize of the camp population for large-scale events (e.g. distribution, registration/verification exercises), thematic focus group discussions, participatory IDP camp assessments, identify and refer Persons with Special Needs (PSN) when needed, etc.
- Assist in the design, preparation and dissemination of IEC material.
- Sensitize the IDP camp population to make use of the NRC-operated helpdesks established in the camp to obtain information and raise issues and concerns.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders in the IDP camp site to ensure that timely and accurate service-related information is made available to the camp population.
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders in the IDP camp to ensure that self-governance mechanisms are instrumental in the improvement of community self-reliance and empowerment across the different sectors.
- Ensure that community engagement activities include traditionally under-represented groups, such as women, elders, youth, etc. and that they target beneficiaries most in need of protection and assistance.
- Provide weekly, monthly, situational and annual reports to the management detailing progress of community engagement activities. This encompasses achievement of project outputs, objectives and the challenges faced.
- Ensure that means of verification related to the various community engagement activities are adequately filed in compliance with management’s requirements.
- Participate/Facilitate capacity building activities instrumental in improving the understanding of shelter/CCCM activities and other key thematic areas (e.g. PSEA and conflict management) by community representatives.
- Assist in the organization of CCCM capacity-building events for other humanitarian stakeholders.
- Ensure high quality and ongoing monitoring and evaluation of activities implemented, in consultation with the M&E department.
- Assist in conducting resource and needs assessment including liaison with other service providers in the camp to ensure inclusive support for all displacement affected populations.
- Assist in inter-agency referral process for refugees as well as carrying out follow- ups and providing feedback on referred cases to the responsible agency/persons of concern.
- Represent NRC in coordination meetings when requested by the Shelter/CCCM Officer.
- Doing any other tasks required by line manager.
- Technical background in WASH, shelter, site coordination and management and a University Degree in Engineering or experience in WASH, shelter, site coordination and management work and community mobilization.
- previous experience in conducting CCCM projects will be preferred.
- Good documentation and report writing skills is required.
- Proven ability to use MS Office software (especially Word and Excel) and competent in email communication with MS Outlook or Other related software.
- Experience from working as a CCCM Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Have some knowledge of English.
- Knowledge of the context in Yemen.
- Knowledge of the local language Arabic.
- Experience with start-up, exit or similar.
- Planning and delivering results.
- Empowering and building trust.
- Communicating with impact and respect.
- Handling insecure environment.
We can offer
Till the end of Dec 2020 with possibility of extension subject to funding availability.
Females candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply please click on the below link: