Health Programs Specialist
Job Title: Health Programs Specialist
No of positions: 1 Position
Deadline: July 30th, 2020
Contract Type: Service Contract
Duration: 1 year
Duty Station: Sana’a Gov.
Probationary Period: Three months
Reporting to: Projects and Programs Manager
Taybah Foundation for Development ( TFD ):
Taybah Foundation for Development is a Yemeni Development Foundation working in the areas of health and education. It was established in 1996 under the licence of the Ministry of Social Affairs and Labor No. 25. Taybah seeks to provide quality health and education services in partnership and cooperation with all concerned and interested parties in accordance with the development plans of local authorities.
The Health program Specialist will be part of the health team in the main office and work towards supporting all funded health projects. She/he will specifically be responsible for technical oversight and successful implementation of different health projects. She/he will provide technical support to field based staff implementing the health project with, track performance progresses and guide project team to meet project targets, and conduct regular monitoring visits as well as assist the Programs manager in business development initiatives and on other strategic assignments including assessment and fund raising.
In addition, the Health program Specialist will, on an on-going basis, support the Programs manager to assess current health needs and assist in program development to secure funding for new projects from a range of donors. Support the program manger to ensure the qualified implementation of the health project following the national and international guidelines of different health programmes. He / She will work in close coordination with Nutrition and WASH Departments and ensure the integration of interventions in the same targeted areas
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Compile and collect data and review target and ensure timely reporting from the field offices.
- Narrative and statistical reporting of funded health projects
- Prepare and document all means of verification for activities achieved and reviewing that target.
- Work closely with M&E department on reporting and monitoring of projects.
- Support the field health officer to Monitor the implementation of health projects, prepare implementation plan, tracking of the indicators and ensure the achievement of the project proposed goals, outcomes, outputs and activities and guide them to achieve project targets.
- Identify performance gaps and design interventions and develop action plans in collaboration with project managers to manage activities and improve quality of services
- Ensure quality of clinical and non-clinical service provision in TFD supported health facilities according to national, WHO or international standards through communication of standards, assessing and monitoring performance against standards and guiding and motivating staff to meet and maintain standards
- In collaboration with the Programs manger, monitor quality standards across all project sites of health projects identified for this position
- Participate in Provide timely and quality inputs to project design and funding proposals, including writing of technical narrative content, developing log frames, and budgeting.
- Assist the Programs manager in Representing TFD in national and subnational health cluster meeting and meetings among key stakeholders including MOPHP, NAMSH and other related sectors.
- Maintain documentation of relevant information and communicate to the Programs manager regularly
- Perform other duties assigned by the Programs manager
- Ensure that health grants are implemented according to Taybah policies and donor regulations and directed toward the project proposed Goals, outcome, outputs and activities.
- Support field staff in use of grant management tools such as the budget tracking tools, activity progress monitoring tools, procurement plans, etc.
- Ensure that budgets are spent according to plan and as per contractual agreements with respective donors.
Monitoring & Evaluation
- Ensure that the stated goals and objectives of all health projects overseen by the position are met with strong monitoring and evaluation follow up and reports are written and submitted to concerned bodies in a timely manner.
- Participate in the design and delivery of M&E plans and design/adapt health information systems.
- Ensure the regular collection of the project required data according to the planned activities and indicators following the MOPHP and health cluster data base and Prepare regular reports as required for the respective donors and for TFD Health sector in consultation with the Program manager.
- Support the Program manager to Conduct regular project review meetings with field-based staff to assess the level of achievement of project targets for the various health grants.
Human Resource Management
- Participate in the staff development plans for project staff based on performance reviews in collaboration with the human resources department and contribute to the training of health staffs (mentoring, on-the-job sessions as well as formal trainings).
- In consultation with the Program manager and Admin & HR Coordinator, review applicants for all health positions and assist in the recruitment of qualified health staff for the field offices.
- Support the Program manager in Represent TFD to local communities, government departments, international agencies, local partners and donors as required.
- Attend relevant meetings and prepare meeting notes as required and share these with all concerned.
- Prepare regular timely and high quality monthly, quarterly, biannual and annual donor narrative and financial project report of the different health project and any other reports requested by the donors in accordance to appropriate guidelines.
- Review all reports prepared by the field staff in assigned sub-office (s) and provide appropriate feedback to the concerned staff.
- Bachelor of Medicine/Pharmacy, (Master of Community Health is preferred) or any other degree in other equivalent qualifications.
- At least two (2) years’ experience in health and nutrition project design, planning, implementing and evaluating integrated community-based health programmes in emergency/relief context.
Experience / Skills
- 2 years of professional experience in implementing and managing health programs and related budgets.
- Experience supervising, managing, and providing technical support and assistance to field-based program/project staff
- Experience with an international or national NGO
- Desirable Demonstrated experience in proposal development, including practical experience with budgeting, log frame development, and writing of technical descriptions
- Sound knowledge and experience in primary and secondary health care services.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels (national, provincial and local) with NGOs/ INGOs, donors, government, etc.
- Excellent verbal/written communication and relationship building skills. Strong written and spoken English skills.
- Excellent Microsoft package skills (Ms Word, Ms Excel, Power-point)
Understanding of and commitment to safeguarding, child safety and protection from sexual abuse and exploitation principles.
Interested candidates should send their Resumes in (English & Arabic) +Cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than July 30th, 2020, putting the job title as the email subject to be considered. Resumes will be considered on a rolling-basis and candidates are encouraged to apply early.
For more information about TFD please visit our website at http://www.taybahye.org/