Ended Logistic Assistant (Transportation)
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position: Logistic Assistant (Transportation)
Organizational Unit: Procurement and Logistics Unit
Duty Station: Yemen, Marib
IOM Classification: G 4
Type of Appointment: Special Short-Term (SST) Graded Contract, 3 Months (With a possibility of renewal)
SVN No. : CFCV2020/098
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
Closing Date: Monday 13 July 2020
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates
Organizational Context and Scope:
Working under the overall supervision and the direct supervision of the Logistics Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for carrying out procurement functions in accordance with IOM’s procurement regulations, rules and procedures.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Verifies the monthly vehicles report and preparation of the logistics monthly report
- Coordinates the movements and activities of the Drivers and share detail with requisitioner detail of vehicle for deconfliction purpose.
- Oversees and ensures proper maintenance and management of vehicles and drivers
- Maintain proper record of monthly mileage check, usage purposes as well as licenses and insurance coverage
- Maintain a proper record of vehicle fuel, repair, maintenance of vehicles and submit monthly report
- Follows-up of accidents/incidents with the police, informing insurance company, prepares and sends all relevant documents
- Follows-up of the Drivers list of duties, shift, logbook, overtime and prepared monthly report
- Coordinate with rental vehicle servicer provide for arrangement for vehicle for routine activity.
- Verify service provide bill and Process service provide payment on timely manner.
- Maintain proper record of all vehicle and make sure all vehicle routine maintenance done on timely manners
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
Required Qualifications and Experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Degree or Equivalent in related field;
- Minimum 4 years relevant work experience; Experience in the Humanitarian Field will be an advantage;
Languages: English and Arabic
- Accepts and gives constructive criticism
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies
- Meets deadline, cost, and quality requirements for outputs
- Monitors own work to correct errors
- Takes responsibility for meeting commitments and for any shortcomings
- Identifies the immediate and peripheral clients of own work
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with clients
- Identifies and monitors changes in the needs of clients, including donors, governments, and project beneficiaries
- Contributes to colleagues' learning
- Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills
- Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas
- Keeps abreast of developments in own professional area
- Actively shares relevant information
- Clearly communicates, and listens to feedback on, changing priorities and procedures
- Writes clearly and effectively, adjusting wording to the intended audience
- Listens effectively and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience
Creativity and Initiative
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems
Leadership and Negotiation
- Convinces others to share resources
- Presents goals as shared interests
- Provides constructive feedback to colleagues
- Provides fair, accurate, timely, and constructive staff evaluations
- Uses staff evaluations appropriately in recruitment and other relevant HR procedures
Planning and Organizing
- Sets clear and achievable goals consistent with agreed priorities for self and others
- Identifies priority activities and assignments for self and others
- Organizes and documents work to allow for planned and unplanned handovers
- Identifies risks and makes contingency plans
- Masters subject matter related to responsibilities
- Identifies issues, opportunities, and risks central to responsibilities
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation
- Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress
- Treats all colleagues with respect and dignity
- Works effectively with people from different cultures by adapting to relevant cultural contexts
- Knowledgeable about and promotes IOM core mandate and migration solutions
- Actively contributes to an effective, collegial, and agreeable team environment
- Contributes to, and follows team objectives
- Gives credit where credit is due
- Seeks input and feedback from others
- Delegates tasks and responsibilities as appropriate
- Actively supports and implements final group decisions
- Takes joint responsibility for team's work
- Learns about developments in available technology
- Proactively identifies and advocates for cost-efficient technology solutions
- Understands applicability and limitation of technology and seeks to apply it to appropriate work
- Effectively applies specialized knowledge of logistics and procurement to timely source goods and services.
- Drives IOM vehicles in a safe manner consistent with local regulations.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Only candidates residing in the country of the duty station within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, national of the country with automatic right to live and work in the country, and security clearances.
Female with the above qualifications are encouraged to apply.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via the following link
All applications should include a functional email address, mobile numbers and detailed curriculum vitae (CV).
“Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted”
Posting period: 30 June 2020 to 13 July 2020