Ended Database Administrator
The Company Overview
ONE is a Yemeni-backed and run business developing a mobile money e-wallet for the Yemeni population. ONE consists of a diverse team blending technical and operational expertise in developing and launching mobile money platforms.
In bringing mobile money at scale to Yemen, the wallet will make a significant contribution to financial inclusion and customer protection, economic growth, and deliver sustainable, long-term positive outcomes for the Yemeni population and generations to come.
ONE enables people to use their mobile phone to easily pay for their goods, leveraging over 100,000 retail and distributor’s network to build commercial acceptance for digital payments. No other entity has commercial reach to successfully rollout an accepted Mobile Wallet.
ONE was established in 2018 and is a partnership between Hayel Saeed Anam Group (HSA) and WeNet, the financial switch. The company is based in Yemen with support office in Cairo.
ONE’s vision is to make every customer financially confident and in control.
Position Title: Database Administrator
Location: Sanaa- Yemen
Reporting Relationships: Technology Director
Announcing Date: 16 July 2020
Announcement Closing Date: 05 August 2020
Main Focus and Challenges
Provide the technical system support to all enterprise database servers including Oracle, MySQL and Postgres and other related sub-systems
A database administrator (DBA) is responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining a database system primarily with Oracle, MySQL, and Postgres, on Linux/Unix and generally other community RDBMS/NoSQL Platforms. Implementing, configuring, and troubleshoot database instances, replication, backup, partitions, storage, and access. Monitor and optimize system performance using index tuning, disk optimization, and other methods. Set user privileges within the database environment.
- Database Administration, housekeeping and maintenance, tuning and optimization.
- Managing in particular the system’s support of the Oracle, MySQL, and Postgres server databases and all related logical aspects (tables, indexes, views, etc…).
- Evaluate hardware (CPU, Memory, Storage, tapes) requirement for production, development, test, standby and DR databases in whole the company.
- Manage and maintain production, test, development, standby and DR databases.
- Responsibilities includes installation, administration, operations, support, and maintenance, monitoring & up-gradation of database servers to ensure availability, security with optimal performance primarily.
- Recommends solutions, follows standards on database physical structure, functional capabilities, security & backups and restore strategy.
- Maintains database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters, implementing new releases, completing maintenance requirements.
- Responsible for create and open stand-alone and cluster database.
- Responsible for the design and setup of database structure.
- Responsible to perform query optimization, database design optimization in addition to providing assistance/reviews/feedbacks to stakeholders in writing complex queries, stored procedures/functions, views, DDL/DML script.
- Manage user’s resources, privileges and roles.
- Investigating database related problems/queries submitted by the IT and proposing workaround and solutions.
- Responsible for implementing, managing, and tuning high-availability 24x7 databases.
- Shall be able to provide user manuals including data standards, procedures and definition for data dictionary.
- Audit for data integrity and consistency across systems.
- Ensuring Data Security & Encryption, controlling authorization/authentication.
- Maintain database disaster recovery procedures to ensure continuous availability and speedy recovery.
- Open case with product support or searching in product community to solve problems.
- Working closely with IT project managers and database developers.
- Research and evaluate new databases, technologies, and trends to provide innovative ideas and solutions to improve the existing infrastructure and support new projects and requirements.
Qualifications & Experience
ACADIMIC / TECHNICAL QUALIFICATIOS
- University degree in computer engineering or equivalent.
- OCP (Oracle certified professional) is an advantage
SPECIALIST/TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS OR APTITUDE
- Excellent experience of Information Systems
- Excellent Knowledge of SQL and PL/SQL development.
- In depth experience of Oracle database architecture, administration and development.
- Experience with database replication, hot stand-by, clustering, database engine storage-management and table partitioning.
- Nice to have MySQL database architecture, administration and development experience.
- Nice to have Postgres database architecture, administration and development experience.
- Experience or familiarity with Linux/Unix platform.
- Good coding experience of Unix/Linux shell scripting.
- Good knowledge of Financial applications
- 5+ Years’ Experience in IT field and RDBMS administration environment.
OTHER PERSONAL OR GENERAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Creative & Solution oriented
- Analytical thinking
- Good communication skills
- Organized personality
- Good English command and Arabic
The successful candidate will be driven by making a difference and therefore have the passion to drive growth. Demonstrating significant intellect and capability to operate in a very complex business operation, with multiple stakeholders, he/she will demonstrate strong attention to detail, exceptional integrity, and a hands-on, lean approach. If you are CREATIVE and PASSIONATE, you are the right candidate.
ONE is committed to the principles and practices of equal opportunities and to encouraging the establishment of a diverse workforce. It is our policy to employ individuals on the basis of their suitability for the work to be performed and their potential for development, regardless of age, sex, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin. This includes creating a culture that fully reflects our commitment to equal opportunities for all.
Interested candidates should send their CVs in English to the below email
“Please mention the Position on your email Subject”