Ended Logistics Officer
Title: Logistics Officer
Responsible to: Health Project Manager
Start date: ASAP
About Human Appeal:
Human Appeal is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 27 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2020 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. Human Appeal is Provision of Emergency Food Security and Livelihood assistance for acutely food insecure households, so Human Appeal looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
Under Health Project Manager, He/She will be responsible for executing and supporting the supply chain and stock management activities (receipt, storage, and issuance to projects or other departments) of medical supplies, nutrition supplies, equipment and/or other logistics materials according to line manager instructions and HA standards and protocols, in order to ensure the overall functioning of HA activities. He/she role is to ensure quality of procurement procedures
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uphold the humanitarian principles of humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and independence
- Respect the HA values at all times, both within and outside of working hours
- Follow the HA Security Plan and other relates policies and SOPs
WAREHOUSE and HFs TASKS
- Ensure that transportation and storage of medicines, medical supplies and other supplies complies with good distribution practices (GDP).
- Ensure that the warehouse is clean, organized, and free of pests at all times
- Receive supplies from GHO, external suppliers or other organizations, ensure the required quality and quantity and enter supplies into the stock
- Maintain accurate stock records for all medicines and supplies in the warehouse
- Monitor the temperature and humidity of the warehouse on a daily basis and report any concerns to line manager, submit weekly reports on temperature and humidity
- Submit weekly/monthly stock reports, indicating which items are near to expiry and/or minimum stock levels
- Report any loss or damage of stock and supplies immediately to your line manager
- Conduct a physical inventory of all stock on a monthly basis in Warehouse
- Conduct a physical inventory of all stock on a monthly basis in Health Facility level
- Fulfil stock requests in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepare all required transport documents as waybills or GIK certificates and make sure documents are signed by the transporter and receiver.
- Report any warehouse maintenance issues to your line manager immediately
- Procurement of medical supplies, equipment and services required for effective operations, in accordance to Ministry of Health, HA and donor guidelines and procedures
- Procurement of other materials, equipment and services for effective operation for projects.
- Assure with the timely delivery of supplies to the HA warehouse and HFs
- Fuel management of the generator
- Managing cleaning supplies and stationery
- Ensure that all paperwork is completed in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with HA and donor requirements
- Ensure that all purchases are evidenced with receipts and that the appropriate internal paperwork is completed
- Ensure that all relevant documents are scanned and saved in the required placed
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- University Degree in Related Filed, educated, Professional/vocational/technical qualification in a relevant field
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar role, 1 year experience in Health Project
- Competent and experienced user of MS Office software, including Word and Excel
- Excellent written and spoken LOCAL LANGUAGE. Ability to communicate in English to at least an Intermediate level. Additional languages a bonus
The position will be based in Taiz, 80% in the office and 20% in the field.
- Please send your English CV to email@example.com
- Clearly write the Position Name + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 02 / August/ 2020