Ended Program Officer
Muslim Hands YEMEN – Program officer
Muslim Hands is an international relief and development non-government organization established in 1993. The organization is currently working in 52 countries. Muslim Hands works both directly and with partners to carry out short- and long-term projects in education, health livelihoods, WASH and emergency relief.
This an exciting time to join an international NGO with over 26 years’ experience across 52 countries. Muslim Hands Yemen is undergoing new and positive changes. We are building on the capacity of the office, looking to implement new and innovative projects alongside opening new fundraising channels. This role is seen as pivotal to the long-term vision for Muslim Hands Yemen.
Position: Program Officer
Reporting to: Program manager
Location: Marib – essential travel is required to other areas of Yemen
Contract Type: FT
The “Program Officer” will be responsible but not limited to:
- Research, analyze and present information gathered from diverse sources on assigned issues, such as humanitarian needs in the region; propose visualization ideas for the production of infographic materials; contribute to the publication
- Contribute to the preparation of a range of written and visual information products, including reports, studies, background papers, policy guidelines, correspondence, presentations, web stories and multimedia material.
- Coordinate for regular meetings of program development and program implementations teams to review the progress as per assigned roles and responsibilities against project indicators.
- Ensure that program activities are implemented based on the project framework, DIP and towards the overall objectives
- Support the monitoring and reporting activities, including gathering inputs for Daily and Monthly reports to headquarters and relevant stakeholders.
- Support the program team in organizing various meetings, trainings and workshops and provide technical support, whenever appropriate.
- Assist in establishing a coordination mechanism at national level and participate in meetings regularly for sharing information as well as resources (cluster meetings, national authorities, etc.)
- Attend relevant sector coordination meetings at national level and occasionally coordination meetings at governorate and district level together with the implementation unit
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned by the Direct Supervisor
- Prepare BoQs.
- Prepare required technical designs needed for the projects activities.
- Ensure that minimum standards of technical quality are adhered to in all engineering activities and interventions, which are technically appropriate, suitable for the given emergency stage, realistic and on budget.
- Designing an AutoCAD layout , reviewing them with project manager and implementing them on the ground.
- Create monthly plans based on the master plan.
- Provide technical and professional support to the field team and volunteers.
- Write and submit all kinds of required reports.
- Attend regular and urgent meetings as required.
- Accomplish the other necessary activities related to the office and project tasks.
Required Qualification & Experience:
- Qualification(s): University degree Civil Engineer of relevant sectors and fields or demonstrated programme management experience.
- Knowledge AutoCAD , SAP, waterCAD
- At least 3 years of professional experience in humanitarian contexts, preferably in the management of emergency/conflicts
- Previous coordination experience (Field, Project, Admin, Log) is mandatory
- Proven managerial experience
- Proven representation experience
- Previous experience in launching projects is an asset
- Fostering teamwork
- Empowering and developing others
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Analytical thinking.
- Flexibility, stress tolerance
- Integrity and accountability
- Planning/Organizational skills
- Results oriented
- Strong interpersonal and multicultural skills
- Ability to work under high pressure
- Fluent in English is mandatory.
- Skills and training from within the sector highly recommended
- Candidates must also be willing to travel internationally when required
- Candidates must be in line with Muslim Hands code of conduct, vision and ethics.
Excellent written and spoken English is essential.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send their CV to the email below putting the job title as the email subject to be considered:
The closing date for applications is 3 August 2020