Terms of Reference
Reports to: WASH Programme Manager.
Duration: 20 Months.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
Responsible for the management of an Integrated WASH, FSL, and Protection project providing support to the WASH and FSL programme. He/she will provide technical leadership and quality control in the management, design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of the project.
- Leading the project staff members and defining the tasks according to the project organogram.
- submitting implementation plan for the project and bounded with specific time.
- following up the project technically and administratively and following up the whole team and stakeholders.
- holding periodical meetings with the team members to evaluate the performance on the ground and solving the problems
- observing the submitting of the weekly report through the continuous observation.
- Updating the time table periodically in all the projects aspects and handling any deviations.
- Maintain open lines of communications with all field staff
- Attends coordination meetings
- Working effectively as team member and solve staff problems whenever occur.
- To ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- To works with the M&E Manager to implement monitoring and evaluation plans for the project, and facilitate monitoring and review of the project with staff and consortium partners to assess outcomes and capture lessons learned.
- To work on Narrative reports and monitor the project activities progress to ensure that all reports of the ongoing projects are updated and shared with the donor.
- To assist in the compilation of data for weekly, bi-weekly reports and quarterly reports with the M&E Officer and technical unit.
- To supervise and direct the field officers with frequent visits to the field according to the work needs.
- To assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- To develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with Program Manager as well as Donor
- To develop and ensure appropriate tools and strategy to monitor the progress and quality and impact of the project and it’s implemented.
- To manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- To measure project performance using appropriate tools and techniques.
- To track project performance, specifically to analyze the successful completion of short and long-term goals.
- To build good relation with the donor, partners and local authority.
- To perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- To delegate project tasks based on junior staff members’ individual strengths, skill sets and experience levels.
- To meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis
- Develop timely and detailed implementation plan of RRM activities in close coordination with the RRM Team and supporting departments.
- To ensure that monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, annual and other program and financial reports are prepared and in placed and documented in time aligning with project design and donor requirement.
- To develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs.
- To facilitate for building capacity of Project Team.
- To work with field teams and logistics to procure project supplies within project budgets.
- To liaise closely with local authorities, donor and partner agencies to ensure project compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts.
- To support and maintain profitable communication and cooperation with local partners, agencies, NGOs and government institutions including Clusters, UN agencies, INGOs,, and MOPIC to assist in preparing summary briefs, update and summaries for projects on regularly basis.
- Supervise the Implementation of the RRM activities according to the project plan.
- Ensure beneficiaries selection process and criteria are applied prior to distributions
- Supervise the implementation of all RRM activities with the technical support.
- Ensure that the monitoring framework within the program implemented, including baseline data, secondary data, reviews, donor reporting, KAP survey and internal/external evaluations.
- Conduct routine field support visits for the purposes of supporting programme management in accordance with internal procedures, good practice, maximize impact and encourage learning;
- Assist the logistics department in procurement of WASH & CFW equipment by providing specification for requested items;
- Provide regular supervision of supported facilities including data collection/records of beneficiaries and program activities, as well as timely implementation and reaching targets according to program objectives;
- Be directly responsible for the technical development, guidance, management and implementation of the WASH & Livelihood Project.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to his/her supervisor, Donor’s WASH/FSL officer and other stakeholders
- Organize and conduct joint multifunctional team monitoring visits;
- Develop contingency plans with other agencies in the relevant clusters.
- Monitor program implementation and ensure accurate, timely data collection;
- Ensure linkages and integration of community mobilization activities and WASH facilities services;
- Responsible for the development of related projects in the form of draft project concept notes and draft proposals, budgets and budget narratives.
- Maintain program files.
Qualifications, Experience, & Skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, civil engineering or any other relevant field.
- Two years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in implementing Cash for Work and or Voucher Cash Transfer is preferred.
- Work experience in WASH programs and considerable knowledge of WASH activities are desirable.
- Previous experience working for NGO.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 8, 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.