WASH Sub-Engineer -Dhamar
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: WASH Sub-Engineer
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 5 months
- Overall Supervision of water rehabilitation works of the rehabilitation site/sites in accordance with humanitarian principles (such as SPHERE standards).
- Observing and follow up all fieldwork related to water infrastructures (rehabilitation /new build) projects.
- The supervision and Observing of the implementation of all field water infrastructures work, according to the Technical studies timeline plans of work and according to BOQs for the project too with non-violation
- Identify general achievement of fieldwork and attendance of workers and submitted them all to the WASH Officer / Engineer or management of the project
- Filling all supported forms by WASH Officer / Engineer and daily, weekly and closing reports and any other needed reports of the program management.
- Conduct assessment of water supply infrastructure points when needed.
- Provide advice to contractors/suppliers to ensure achievements on time based on technical criteria
- Understand all the project related documents for each of the sites such as a bill of quantities (BOQs), work plan, feasibility studies, monitoring and evaluation plan, and the procurement plan.
- Assist in developing a quality control process throughout the water rehabilitation project sand train field teams to conduct quality control checks as planned.
- Undertakes technical assessment, and ensure quality and accurate technical specifications are incorporated into the water supply infrastructure activity designs.
- Provide technical advisory for skilled workers during the activity implementation.
Reports and documents required:
- Reports of achievement of daily, weekly, and closing to WASH Officer / Engineer and WASH project management.
- Print reports in color and presented in (cd) regularly every two weeks to WASH Officer / Engineer and project management.
- Submission of photographs showing employment in the project and implemented all of the period of the completion of the 5 days copied in (CD).
- Documenting the project (Reports + pictures and video), which operates the project shows the mechanism of the program.
- Suggestion of the operation and maintenance of the future of the project for the WUAs.
- Gather construction work information and edit the work plan report every week.
- Ensure gather GPS points of sites of intervention, to be provided to database assistant
- Proper filling in of project documents according to donor and ACTED procedures, with support for the Compliance Officer based at the base
- Report, in a timely manner, any issues causing a change or delay to the planned work.
- Any additional reports, forms or documents asked by WASH Engineers or project management
- Report and clarify any work-related issues and challenges to the supervisor in a timely manner.
- Respect time including to work, meetings, deadlines, and other reasonable requests.
- Maintain a good team spirit amongst staff and colleagues.
- Commit to honest, high-quality work in the field.
- Undertake any other tasks as reasonably assigned by management.
- Consider safety and security in the field, immediately report all incidents to the security focal point.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, preferably in water and sanitation.
- Ability to lead contractor’s workers at Rehabilitation sites as needed.
- Ability to ensure the work quality according to WASH Engineer instructions.
- Knowledge of designing water and sanitation systems.
- Good knowledge of SPHERE Standards.
- Computer skills (AutoCAD, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- 3 years of experience in WASH-related activities.
- Ability to work efficiently under pressure and in changing circumstances.
- Previous experience with ACTED
- Previous experience conducting a technical assessment
- English skills
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “WASH Sub-Engineer -Dhamar”
- Candidates must rename CV: (First & Surname + WASH Sub-Engineer).
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 4 August, 2020
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification