Appraisal, Monitoring, and Evaluation Assistant
Appraisal, Monitoring, and Evaluation (AME) Assistant-Dhamar
ACTED Organization Summary:
Since 1993, as an international non-governmental organization, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
ACTED endeavors to respond to humanitarian crises and build resilience; promote inclusive and sustainable growth; co-construct effective governance and support the building of civil society worldwide by investing in people and their potential. ACTED is active in 37 countries and implements more than 450 projects a year reaching over 8 million beneficiaries with 400 international staff and 4,300 national staff.
ACTED has been present in Yemen since early 2012 and has been anchored to the governorates of Hodeidah, Raymah, Ibb, Aden-Dhalee, Saadah and Al Jawf.
Through its comprehensive programming ACTED has been covering the full continuum of emergency, rehabilitation and development in Yemen. Emergency activities have focused in the sectors of Agriculture & Food Security (e.g. distribution of crop seeds, and livestock), Economic Recovery and Market Systems (e.g. income-generating activities such as cash for work), and WASH (e.g. rehabilitation of water supply facilities, hygiene promotion). ACTED’s food security activities include distribution of food vouchers, which are a key component of ACTED’s interventions in the country.
ACTED Organization is pleased to announce the below job vacancy with the following details:
Position: Appraisal, Monitoring, and Evaluation (AME) Assistant
Contract Type: Fixed term
Contract Duration: 2 months
Duties and Responsibilities
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Contribute to the development and updating of the AME work plan for all ongoing projects;
- Contribute to an effective roll-out of M&E collection and reporting systems to all staff and partners through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed.
- Support AME Officer in the development of work plans for assessments, monitoring. and evaluations (examples include: baselines, mid-terms, endlines, post distribution monitoring, and on-site distribution monitoring)
- Assist in the development of appropriate data collection and analysis instruments, methodologies (e.g. survey questionnaires, focus group discussions, key-informant interviews)
- Assist with data collection activities and ensure that data collection teams are organized and resourced as needed and that they deliver as per field mission plans and according to data quality standards. This includes recruiting, training, and overseeing surveyors as needed. It also will include conducting field visits to project locations.
- Assist in the analysis of AME data using Excel and help produce reports, factsheets with useful data analysis and presentation (charts, tables, histograms, box plots) as necessary in a timely manner;
- Provide data to the Project Development Team for use in the preparation of reports to donors and other stakeholders, as required;
- Contribute to organizing and facilitating learning events in order to capture best practices and lessons learned;
- Support project implementation and improvement by providing timely information around project successes and challenges to support improvement in project implementation.
Beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism
- Contribute to the implementation of the beneficiary Complaints and Response Mechanism (CRM) by answering phone calls from beneficiaries and addressing complaints and feedback.
- Contribute to the proper management of the project CRM central database.
- Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to supervisors and other team members; Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Willing to travel and spend several days to the field
- Strong English skills
- Experience in implementing need assessment and interviews
- Experience in writing assessment reports
- Ability to work efficiently and independently under pressure and in changing circumstances.
- Previous experience with ACTED
- Knowledge in WASH and/ or food security and livelihood programming
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to send an application comprising a detailed CV in English to: email@example.com
- PLEASE state in the subject line of the e-mail: “AME Assistant -Dhamar”
- Candidates must rename CV: (First & Surname +AME Assistant).
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday, 4 August, 2020.
Due to the urgency of this appointment, interviews would be on a rolling basis and candidates may be identified before the closing date
Contacting any ACTED staff member other than the contact details listed in regard to this job will result in disqualification