Ended Finance Manager
Job Title: Finance Manager
Location: ٍ Sanaa-Yemen.
Number of Opening: 1
Abs Development Organization for Woman and Child (ADO) is a non-profit, non-governmental humanitarian development organization working in the whole country of Yemen particularly the remote rural regions located at Tehama Cost, which was deprived of all public services and health care. Since its establishment in 1996, The Organization has been striving to create and maintain better living standards for impoverished women, youth and children through improvement programs designed to enhance livelihood, promote political, social and civil rights, provide health and humanitarian assistance and protect vulnerable women and girls suffering from gender based violence in partnership with the local Civil Society Organizations CSOs and International humanitarian institutions.
a) Reports to: Executive Manager.
Overall Main Objectives:
The Finance Manager Will be Monitor project budgets and ensure that they do not exceed and manage the organization's financial policies, regulations and procedures to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
- Propose and develop financial controls, policies and procedures, including budget and account schedules, in line with monthly budgets and Yemeni regulations.
- Manage all financial accounts, including cash and bank, and report on the various projects and activities of the organization, including advising and supporting branches to carry out efficient and efficient financial monitoring and budget management and tracking.
- Signing of financial transactions - payment vouchers and checks along with the Chairman according to the approved list of Authority.
- Monitor project budget and ensure that it is not exceeded.
- To make recommendations regarding the treatment of irregularities and to develop and improve the financial work of the Organization.
- He works under the supervision of the General manager and cooperates and coordinates with various departments in the Organization in the financial aspects and oversees the work of the accounting in the different branches.
- Follow-up on the review of budgets prepared by the accountant head Section for all projects and other activities of the Organization in coordination with project managers and concerned managers and timely budget review.
- Preparing the draft budget estimates and final accounts and financial reports and submitting them during the first two months of the new financial year.
- Directing, training and participating in the execution of their important, complex or productive tasks and solving work problems.
- Provide the necessary concepts for the development of financial resources to the administrative body for approval.
- Forecast monthly cash flow requirements for project implementation in coordination with the Director of Programs, Projects and other administrative activities.
- Analyze gaps between planned budgets and actual expenditures and provide appropriate justification for the causes of those gaps.
- Follow-up asset management and registration and ensure that documentation is completed.
- Oversee the annual inventory of the assets and property of the Organization and the custody of property documents or any other documents related to financial matters.
- Bookkeeping and financial records.
- Approval of all financial payments after review, especially bank payments.
- Check checks according to the invoices submitted by the finance officer.
- Make sure that no checks are made without checking the cash balance available in the accounts.
- Monitor bank balances on a daily basis and write the balance on the check stub.
- Review bank and cash settlements sent by the finance officer monthly.
- Prepare financial reports for the management of the organization and donors in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with the modalities of projects implemented with international donors, in a manner that can add greater transparency and accountability.
- Preparing weekly and monthly reports on the bank, the fund, projects, stores and assets.
- Implementing the decisions of the administrative body in respect of financial transactions provided that they conform to the balance of the projects.
- Responsible for facilitating internal and external audit of financial documents.
- Participates in development and leadership committees.
- Keeps documents, records, files and reports of his work and constantly updating and maintaining them.
- Ensure that all follow-up statements of the different departments are updated with regard to their documents and documents.
- Monitoring the implementation of the annual inventory count.
- Ensure the flow of information and data from the field to senior management.
- Evaluation of staff under its management periodically.
- Perform any other tasks requested by the Direct Manager.
- Advising on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Preparing the suggested project's budgets by coordinating with the programs.
- Presenting the risks report to the administration as for the financial management on the level of humanitarian and financial resources.
- Preparing the NGO's list of obligations and equalizing it according to the organization's resources.
- Update systems and mechanisms of financial management including the quality and improvement of financial management work.
- Good communication with donors in updates and taking approvals on budgets and its update.
- Ensuring the progress of financial activities according to programs activities.
- Presenting the NGO in meetings that are related to finance with donors and other partners
- Following up the NGO rights and claiming financial payment with donors in specific time.
- Managing the monthly budgets allocations to all branches according to the NGO available resources.
Education and Experience:
- A university degree in finance is preferred to have a relevant professional degree in ACCA, CPA, Or CIA.
- Work experience of at least 7 years with non-governmental organizations in financial management
Specific skills for the post:
Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office applications (Word - Excel - PowerPoint - Arabic and English printing - e - mails).
- The skill of accounting and financial analysis.
- Mastering the new trends in auditing and control under the computer.
- Skill planning, organization and supervision.
- Ability to conduct financial studies and financial analysis.
- Using the computer.
- Ability to develop and innovate.
- The ability to manage a team.
- The ability to work under pressure.
Competencies and Values
Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Able to work on a computer and operate a keyboard, for extended periods of time. Able to work out of office location, at times at odd hours.
If you meet the requirements and interested in this job please fill the Application in the following URL
Deadline to send your application: 05/08/2020 Any application without clear subject indicate to the position name will be excluded. Also please make sure to write your name in the attachment else, your Application won’t be perceived.
RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as application will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.