Ended Data Entry Clerk (2)
Data Entry Clerk (2)
Reports to: MEAL officer/Project Manager.
Duration: 16 months.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The Data Entry Clerk will ensure that all data collected by project teams is entered into the appropriate database, analyzed and well protected. S/he will maintain accurate and up to date information regarding projects, locations, surveys, indicators, and all project participants. Information will span numerous project activities and various databases will require simultaneous management. Also, Data entry, is a member of staff employed to enter or update data into a computer system database, often from paper documents using a keyboard, optical scanner, or data recorder. Maintains database by entering new and updated customer and account information.
- Establishing data bases properly based on the needed information and preparing and sorting documents for data entry.
- Entering data into database software precisely and ensure the accuracy of information and prevent duplication.
- Resolving discrepancies in information and obtaining further information for incomplete documents.
- Creating data backups as part of a contingency plan.
- Responding to information requests and provide basic data analysis and findings on a weekly and monthly basis to authorized staff.
- Compile and sort information according to priorities to prepare source data for computer entry.
- Review, verify data and make corrections where necessary.
- Generate regular reports, store completed work in designated locations.
- Scan documents and print files, when required.
- Maintain logbooks or records of activities and tasks.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to the organization and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Ensure the respect of the principle of confidentially and not to disclose any information acquire by performing her/his duties.
- Document all data and means of verifications and project documents.
- Provide support to project manager and project staff.
- Commit to the humanitarian principles of strict neutrality, religious and political impartiality and non-discrimination.
- Participate in the verification, registration, of beneficiaries of WASH assistance including the distribution of different hygiene kits, ceramic filters, etc.
- Prepare all finalized beneficiaries distribution list and participate in the distribution of different hygiene kits.
- Establish database for all working sites and location including CFW sites, water assets, water networks systems, and update on regular bases.
- Participate in all distribution rounds, collect and receive Complaint and Feedback from the beneficiaries.
- Prepare all beneficiaries lists and vouchers data and prepare vouchers for printing.
- Collect and finalize the list of beneficiaries for both conditional and unconditional CASH and ensure all data are accurate and complete.
- Scan documents and print files, when needed also keep all information confidential.
- Crosscheck and verify data keyed into the databases for accuracy.
- Assist other administrative staff in filing, archiving, typing and other tasks as necessary.
- Participate in field assessments, surveys including need assessments, baselines, end lines, Pre-KAP, post KAP, PDMs.
- Collect and prepare the of the list of beneficiaries of Emergency Response Mechanism.
- Provide timely feedback to M&E Officer regarding data quality and issues in monthly reports.
- Perform any other related tasks as required.
Qualifications, Experience, and Skills:
- BA or Diploma in Information Technology (IT) or any other related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in a similar setting and capacity.
- Advanced understanding of Excel databases and data entry and ability to design Excel/Access databases.
- Excellent computer skills, with strong typing skills in English and Arabic and knowledge of MS Word.
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy in data management.
- Ability to analyze and understand data, organizing into visual representations - diagrams/charts.
- Previous experience with assessments, surveys, and evaluations preferred.
- Good conceptual understanding of gender, protection, and human rights
- Ability to write reports and situational briefings in English
- Ability to spend extended periods of time in field conditions.
- Spoken and written Arabic and English is essential.
- Accountability, Striving for excellence, Planning and Organizing, Collaborating, Taking the lead, Communicating, Demonstrating integrity.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CV with a cover letter to email@example.com by August 8, 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.