Ended District Supervisor (2)
District Supervisor (2)
Human Appeal is a non-profit organisation working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 27 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 regions: Asia, Africa, and middle east in addition to international offices in Europe. 2020 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for a dynamic candidate who is passionate about international development to join our Human Appeal Yemen team.
The district supervisor will. responsible for overall health, nutrition, and community-based project supervision, planning, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation. He/she will be responsible for providing technical supervision, contribute in budget management, and the day-to-day supervision of the health, nutrition and community-based project, including recruitment and reporting. The Project Districts supervisor will be based in Taiz with frequent travels to targeted districts when security situation allows. The Project districts supervisor will be supervised by the project manager and will work closely with project technical officers and other finance and operation team.
MAJOR Essential Duties RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide technical guidance on the overall strategy for program design, management and ensure that all activities and trainings are both in line with global and national standards.
- Supervise the overall delivery of the emergency minimum services package interventions in the intervention areas.
- Provide leadership in planning, project start-up, project implementation, and development of quality control systems.
- In cooperation with Project Manager, coordinate with finance department in ensuring timely of assistance to required locations in line with actual needs.
- With Project Manager, ensure availability of goods, quality of goods, and compliance with the work plan, address any problems, and maintain regular communication and information sharing.
- Collects and analyzes data for the Situation Analysis, Health, Nutrition ,.. project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation purposes. Analyzes program implementation reports and evaluates against established recommendations and plans of action. Prepares tables, graphs and other statistical data. Reports outcome of analysis and proposes corrective actions.
- Conducting health and nutrition trainings and CHVs training for the HFs staff and CHVs in coordination with the DHOs and GHOs.
- Follow up of referral cases from the targeted health facilities and ensure they got the services properly in the HFs.
- Follow up payments of all referral system accruals, transportation…. etc.) and ensure the proper financial and technical documentation.
- Works directly with local councils, communities and vulnerable groups to implement the related Programme interventions. Undertakes ongoing visits to sites, assesses local conditions and resources, and monitors inputs. Communicates with local counterpart authorities on project feasibility and effectiveness including monitoring the flow of supply and other non-supply assistance.
- Undertakes follow-up action on program implementation activities, contributes to teamwork building, and prepares relevant reports. Drafts changes in program work plans as required.
- Attends technical cooperation meetings, prepares notes and undertakes follow-up action and coordination related to Programme implementation and monitoring.
- Assists in identification and selection of technical supplies and equipment.
- Assists in the preparation of the country program recommendation by drafting reports ensuring accuracy and consistency with established rules and regulations. Maintains the computerized Programme system database and submits relevant reports.
- Selects and compiles training and orientation materials for those involved in program implementation, including donor and media visits.
- Evaluates and analyzes financial and supply reports to ensure appropriateness of documentation, expenditures are within allotments, data is consistent with donor requirements. Reports to the Supervisor and/or Head of Office the outcome of reviews.
- In cooperation with M&E team ensure appropriate accountability mechanism is understood and accessible to beneficiaries and responding to any feedback as needed.
- Assist in the compilation of data for weekly, bi-weekly reports and quarterly reports with the M&E Officer and technical unit.
- Works closely with implementing partners to oversee quality of work and provide technical support.
- In coordination with security staff and advisors, ensure day-to-day compliance with the security plan and procedures, and lead on the monitoring and assessment of risks to staff, partners and other stakeholders and travel to the field when the security situation allows.
- Liaise closely with local authorities, donor and partner agencies to ensure program compliance with donor policies and regulations and complementary with other agencies' efforts.
- Contribute to the creation of a positive image and overall credibility of the organization, notably through the application of the organizations Code of Conduct, ethics, values and standpoint with regard to internal and external actors.
- Maintain flexibility to take on added responsibility as and when needed
- Ensures application and compliance of security protocols and policies
- A degree of medical or health background with qualification in Public Health (preferred), Nutrition, International Development and/or in a relevant field of study
- At least 2 to 3 years of experience working as H/N supervisor preferably with human appeal or with INGOs.
- Previous experience working on supervisory roles.
- Familiarity with International humanitarian operations, coordination structures, and the mandates of donors, Human Appeal and other NGOs.
- Cross-cultural awareness and insight into health and nutrition issues.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions with limited supervision.
- Extremely flexible, and have the ability to cope with stressful situations and frustrations.
- Ability to relate to and motivate local staff effectively.
- Creative and able to work with limited resources.
- Team player and strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient in computer applications, especially with MS Word and MS Excel, MS PowerPoint a plus.
- English language speaking and writing abilities.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field and HQ, counterparts and government.
- Ability to interpret data, have a strong emphasis on program monitoring, and conduct results-based programming
- Please send your English CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Clearly write the Position Name + Duty Station that you are applying for in the Email subject.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 04 / August / 2020