Location: Sana’a with regular travel to other sites.
Period: 6 months with renewal upon performance.
Duty Station: Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO), Sana'a –Yemen.
Terms: Full Time Position (8 Eight hours per working day).
Classification: Finance Management.
Job grade (Category, level): Manager Level 2.
Expected start Date: 15 of August 2020.
Reporting to: (Finance Manager)
Application Closing Date: 5/ Aug./2020
Life Makers Meeting Place Organization (LMMPO) is a Yemeni humanitarian and development non-governmental organization, founded in 2006 by a group of young people with the inspiration to address some of the social and development issues that need to be dealt with in creative and swift interventions in a purely professional manner.
Investing and benefiting from the abilities and potential of young people is not a matter of pride for us, but also is the essence of our mission and focus of our work and it is on top of our goals for which we are working hard to achieve. Moreover, young people represent the largest proportion of the population in many countries; we are seeking to hone their skills and providing a suitable environment for their access to decision, making positions. Therefore, we have implemented many successful activities and programs that have a real impact on the reality of young people and the society in general. That success, inevitably, will not be made without the support of our teams, donors, partners and other stakeholders.
LMMPO is one of the leading organizations in humanitarian response and development as well through the development of young people's abilities. It is therefore, called the teaching organization that works hard to train volunteers and then grant them work opportunities. LMMPO is keen to have a competitive candidate to fill the account manager position with following responsibilities:
Duties and Responsibilities:
Mission1: Provide accounting services for the base
- Disseminating information about the accounting procedures of the base and ensuring that these procedures are respected.
- Checking entries and ensuring the comprehensiveness and precision of entries and the correct budgetary charging of expenses.
- Ensuring the correctness of cash stocks and bank accounts.
- Timely forwarding of accounting information to her/his Finance Manager.
- Providing pertinent information to the correct budgetary charging of expenses and monitoring budget entries.
- Verifying physical cash count.
- Reviewing the monthly bank reconciliation, liaise with the bank and act as the bank/s focal point.
- Archiving accounting documentation in accordance with LMMPO procedures.
- Perform financial closing procedures monthly.
Mission 2: Managing cash
- Implementing the Cash Management procedures on the base and ensuring they are respected.
- Ensuring the availability and safe keeping of the necessary cash.
- Authorizing and making payment for purchases falling within the monthly forecast of the Finance Department.
- Providing the Head of Finance with information concerning the circumstances of the Finance Department which may impact the process of cash management.
- Collecting and compiling monthly forecast of each department.
- Approving the methods of payment of on-going contracts for the base and ensuring payment by the due date.
- Informing the Head of Finance Department of any discrepancy between procurement requests and the monthly forecast.
Mission 3: Leading financial management
- Providing all requested components for the establishment of the annual budget, for proposals and for feedback to funding bodies (audits, financial reports) with her/his Finance Manager
- Informing the Head of Finance Department of any financial risks.
- At the request of the Head of Finance Department, working on the annual budget and proposals with the Program Managers and providing the Head of Finance Department with information relevant to the structural costs of the Finance Department.
- Analyzing the consistency of cash forecast keeping the Head of Finance Department and Program Managers informed.
- In accordance with the structure of the financing plan, taking part in the process of allocating costs to certain donor contracts.
- Participating in the preparation of reports to funding bodies and in audits.
- Anticipating and monitoring financial risks (budget overspends, increased costs, lost invoices, lost deposits etc.) and keeping the Head of Finance Department informed of these issues.
- Providing timely support to the program and the teams on appropriate budget and allocation basis.
Mission 4: Manage the Finance team
- Day-to-day management of his/her finance team (guidance, follow-up, motivation etc.)
- Evaluating the performance and developing the skills of his/her team members.
- Defining the Human Resources needs of his/her Department and establishing the organizational chart of his team.
- Taking part in the recruitment of the team members.
- Organizing and leading team meetings on a minimum of weekly basis.
- Working out and monitoring individual action plans for team members (if needed).
- Managing the planning process, sharing and coordination of tasks.
- Providing for appraisal interviews for team members.
- Providing technical support to the team.
- Identifying the training needs of team members.
- Creating, organizing and leading training sessions.
- Managing any arising challenges and difficulties with the team.
Internal & External relations for this position.
Qualifications and experience:-
- University degree in accounting.
- At least 5 years work experience in account management, preferably in International NGOs or National NGOs.
- Demonstrated team management and leadership skills.
- Organizational, planning, mathematical, analytical and critical skills.
- Results-oriented and process-driven.
- Superior attention to details.
- Computer skills: advanced command of Excel.
- Ability to use various type of automated accounting systems.
- Integrity, honesty, and overall good attitude and team spirit.
- Experience in an INGO or NNGO and familiarity with the humanitarian principles would be an asset.
- Fluent in English and Arabic (Speaking and writing).
The applicant must fill in the required data via this link:
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The closing date for application is Wednesday 5 of Aug. 2020