Job Title: Project Officer
Job Site: Yemen
Reporting to: Program Manager
Monthly Salary: $ 900
Application Closing: 04/08/2020
Duration of Initial Contract: 9 months; renewable upon availability of fund
Assist in delivery of the program objectives and activities.
- Develop project’s work plans.
- Liaise regularly with implementing partners and provide ongoing support and assistance when needed.
- Develop routine reports that are part of the project (monthly reports, activity reports, semi-annual reports and final report)
- Support in facilitating and organizing logistics of events (training, learning and planning workshops and seminars).
- Ensure consolidation and submission of timely reports.
Assist in management of project finances and administration.
- Work closely with project and/or operation teams (finance, procurement, HR, etc.) to ensure proper coordination exists for efficient project implementation.
- Assist in the preparation of estimates for planned activities, and in monitoring of project spending.
- Assist with drafting Terms of Reference for local consultants and MoUs for local partners.
- Maintain accurate project records, including maintaining electronic and hard copy filing systems, and support with general administrative tasks.
- Work closely with the implementing partners to ensure project implementation is carried out as planned and updated on a monthly basis
- Together with the team, contribute to the monitoring of risks to the safety of the programs, projects and staff.
- Preform other related duties when required.
Monitoring and evaluation
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of the context in project locations.
- Contribute to regular review meetings with partner/implementing organizations and support them to produce high quality activity reports.
- Take part in the team’s internal review meetings, contributing outcomes and identifying and writing ‘stories of change’.
- Draft internal and external activity and narrative reports as required.
Build stakeholder networks and assist with advocacy and communications.
- Represent the organization at coordination meetings as requested by line manager.
- Maintain and regularly update a list of project contacts and create mailing lists.
- Contribute to regular internal and external communications, such as drafting content for the website, human interest stories, newsletters, social media or supporting production of videos/podcasts.
- Work with the Communication Officer and line manager to produce necessary materials to disseminate externally to other partner organizations. Such materials may include situation reports, fact sheets, briefing notes and any others as requested.
- Relevant university degree.
- Good understanding of conflict sensitivity.
- Good understanding the peace process and the UN-led efforts.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in a similar role;
- 2-year experience in project implementation, including monitoring and evaluation;
- At least 1-year experience in managing local partnerships and organizational capacity building;
- Experience in logistical arrangements including preparing events budgets.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Ability to work on his/her own, with proven track record of working effectively as part of a team;
- Good communication skills, both written and oral;
- A positive problem-solving approach;
- High computer literacy with a full knowledge of office applications;
- Excellent analysis and writing skills, both in Arabic and English;
- Good interpersonal communication and team-working skills;
- Research and analytical skills
- Facilitation or training skills
- High supervisory skills.
Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here
- for submitting their application by midnight 04 August 2020
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.