District Field Coordinator (2)
District Field Coordinator (2)
Reports to: Project Manager
Duration: 20 Months.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The Field Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, consolidating, and ensuring smooth implementation of program and operations’ activities and adherence to logistic, administration for work in field. The Field Coordinator will play a key role in the assessment exercise. Under the supervision of the Project manager, the Field Coordinator will provide support to the project team and ensure smooth implementation of the project activities.
- Participate in the preparation of activities, arranging for transport, etc.; and prepare the field needs of the project work team.
- Advise the project manager and project team about strategic programming directions, opportunities, and issues affecting project implementation, or key local issues affecting the project progress and implementation.
- Oversee and review all aspects of fieldwork on a daily basis in field.
- Coordinate field work for project with local representative’s/community members and different stakeholders in target area.
- Working with liaison and security officer to ensures project field locations have up-to-date and appropriate security management plans in place and that staff are aware of them and have received orientation.
- Overseeing for all logistics requirements of the training and workshops in addition to the fieldwork plans of the project work team.
- Keep the forms documents, questionnaires safe, ensuring they reach to project office in the region then to Aden and Sana’a office on time.
- Ensure that the materials (e.g. spare parts for water supply systems, CFW tools, CHKs etc ...) reach the target groups.
- Represent the organization in cluster and coordination meetings with the other implementing partners and other meetings as necessary.
- Ensure implementation of activities as per the work plan and all related documents and logistics are prepared and approved.
- Provide support to the logistic team and carry out logistic tasks when needed.
- Evaluate the performance of the work team and Community volunteers and raise it to the project manager.
- Conduct regular daily, weekly and monthly field visits to targeted areas and activities sites to evaluate implementation progress and prepare a detailed report on the achievements, challenges and recommendations.
- Write a daily, weekly and monthly reports summarizing all activities carried out in the field, achievements, difficulties, etc.;
- Coordination and field communication with Local authorities and community leaders in the targeted areas, to ensure that all activities are implemented without hindrances.
- Participation in the preliminary survey and the definition of the region as well as the final survey of the target areas.
- Participate in field assessments, surveys including need assessments, baselines, end lines, Pre-KAP, post KAP, PDMs.
- Participate and supervise the distribution of CHKs, BHKs, ceramic filters, jerry cans, and any other related activities.
- Participate in the verification, registration, of beneficiaries of WASH assistance including the distribution of different hygiene kits, ceramic filters, etc.
- Prepare all finalized beneficiaries distribution list and participate in the distribution of different hygiene kits and CASH assistance or any other related activity.
- Assist to seek and obtain appropriate government sign-off on works and project documents at different stages of the project; especially at the start and completion.
- Participate in the selection of CFW sites in coordination with the field WASH engineers, project team, community committee and other stakeholders.
- Raising monthly, quarterly and annual plans to control the progress of the field.
- Contributing to the selection of community volunteers in the targeted districts.
- Facilitation / coordination of field work and work to solve the problems facing the project team and raise these obstacles to the Department periodically. In addition to resolve the administrative and logistics problems related to field activities.
- Supervising the implementation of any training and continuous follow-up with the trainer to ensure that the training is done well and smoothly and at a high level of quality.
- Preparation of the final report at the end of each training course and its approval and delivery to the project manager (electronic version).
- Contribute to the preparation of any training before the start of the training course according to a specific schedule, and send an electronic copy to the project manager.
- Supervising the printing and photocopying of the curriculum for training and its distribution to trainees.
- Review the monthly reports and statements and ensure that the data integrity is fulfilled before delivery to the project manager.
- Commitment to implement the field monitoring system adopted in the project.
- Properly archiving the documents and correspondence of the project for easy reference upon request.
- Provide project manager with feedback on project implementation and provide problem solving recommendations when needed
- Establish a list of the institutions and entities that will be involve in the project in the targeted areas.
- Perform other duties or tasks as work required.
Qualifications, Experiences, and Skills:
- University degree in Business Administration, Education, Public Relations, Civil Engineering or any other related field.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in this field.
- Experience in supervising and implementing WASH, Cash for Work and or Voucher Cash Transfer is preferred.
- Prior experience with NGO;
- Knowledge of and experience in project planning, project cycle management and logical framework;
- Prior experience with persons of concern (including internally displaced persons, conflict-affected host communities, extremely vulnerable individuals);
- Excellent computer skills including the usage of Microsoft office.
- Excellent usage of Advanced Excel.
- File Archiving skills.
- Very good business correspondence skills.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good level of English language speaking and writing.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to email@example.com by August 8th 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.