Ended Community Mobilizer (6)
Community Mobilizer (6)
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs.
Location : Shabwah.
Reports to : CLTS Specialist.
Duration : 9 Months.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
Under the direct supervision of the CLTS specialist, the CLTS Community Mobilizer will perform a wide range of duties starting with initiating and developing an awareness and promotion process of the newly established project and the goal and objectives it aims to achieve. In addition, the CLTS CM will be closely linked to the targeted communities and therefore works as a dual communication channel between the project and the community.
- Lead on community mobilization volunteers – explaining CLTS activities, objectives and goals to target communities.
- Provide onsite technical support /advice to community mobilizers volunteers and hygiene promotion teams on effective hygiene promotion approaches including the CLTS approach.
- Explain beneficiary selection criteria and facilitate community participation in the targeting process to target communities.
- Report any field problems or challenges to CLTS specialist in a timely fashion and take appropriate follow-up action after discussion with relevant staff
- Conduct regular field visits to CLTS sites to monitor work.
- Liaise and work with beneficiaries, community representatives, local authorities and other project staff to ensure accountability and best use of project resources.
- Participate and supervise the distribution of CHKs, BHKs, ceramic filters, jerry cans, and any other related activities.
- Participate in the verification, registration, of beneficiaries of WASH assistance including the distribution of different hygiene kits, ceramic filters, etc.
- Participate in Preparing all beneficiaries distribution list and participate in the distribution of different hygiene kits and CASH assistance or any other related activity.
- Provide technical support and train the community volunteers on the CLTS approach and guide them on how to conduct promotion sessions and achieve the project goals and objectives.
- Work closely at the CLTS sites along with the community volunteers at all different phases of implementing this activity.
- Develop a work plan for the community volunteers and monitor the work progress on daily basis.
- Collect all the CLTS data, information, reports prepared by the community volunteers and ensure all data are accurate and complete.
- Contributing to the selection and training of the CLTS community volunteers in the targeted districts.
- Participate in field assessments, surveys including need assessments, baselines, end lines, Pre-KAP, post KAP, PDMs and RRM.
- Participate in collecting and preparing the of the list of beneficiaries of Emergency Response Mechanism ERM, CFW, Hygiene kits, voucher assistance etc.
- Delivery of information to the community
- Work with community volunteers/leaders.
- Sensitize the communities within all the villages under Catchment area; ensure activities understanding and support from communities.
- Ensure the proper identification of Community CLTS Volunteers
- Support and follow up community CLTS volunteers in organizing their activities.
- Ensure regular sessions are conducted and support CLTS volunteers in providing them to communities.
- Conduct training for community-based volunteer Hygiene Promoters on how to conduct hygiene sessions in their communities, and how to most effectively use IEC materials and other available tools.
- Support field community volunteers in preparation of hygiene promotion CLTS daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Work with CLTS specialist, communication unit and project managers to prepare and develop success stories for all hygiene promotion activities and to share them with donors and relevant clusters.
- Under the supervision of the CLTs specialist and in cooperation with the project team, hygiene promotion volunteers, participate in selecting the sites and locations for implementing CLTS activities.
- Leads and supervises the CLTS volunteers and provides leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluates CLTS volunteer’s performance regularly
- Provide technical support to the beneficiaries and guide them while implementing the CLTS activities.
- Identifies gaps and facilitate with communities how to find solutions to address sanitation gaps through community action plans and technical support.
- Collect and prepare all CLTS activities means of verification and ensure accurate and complete data.
- Support CLTS specialist in producing screening and awareness monthly report.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Experiences, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Communication, Education, Public Health or any relevant field with experience working in community based programs.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience in NGOs.
- Ability to engage with local communities in rural areas.
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience in this field.
- Experience in supervising and implementing WASH, activities including CLTS activity is preferred.
- Prior experience with NGO;
- Knowledge of and experience in project planning, project cycle management and logical framework;
- Prior experience with persons of concern (including internally displaced persons, conflict-affected host communities, extremely vulnerable individuals);
- Excellent computer skills including the usage of Microsoft office (particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- File Archiving skills.
- Very good business correspondence skills.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good level of English language both speaking and writing.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 8th 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.