Ended CLTS Specialist (2)
CLTS Specialist (2)
Terms of Reference
Division : Programs.
Location : Shabwah.
Reports to : Hygiene Promotion Officer/Project Manager
Duration : 10 months
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
Under the supervision of the Hygiene Promotion officer, the CLTS specialist will be responsible for the design, implementation, follow-up and evaluation of CLTS activities. The CLTS specialist will be closely working with the Hygiene promotion specialist and WASH Team Leaders to technically support Hygiene Promotion Teams in the organization’s program Areas. She/he ensures focuses on capacity building of Hygiene Promotion Teams and community mobilizers for project ensuring that quality issues of the project are addressed. He/she will be accountable for formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of CLTS approach activities to ensure overall efficiency and effectiveness of the approach management, delivery and accomplishment of approach goals and objectives.
- Assist in updating, designing and developing hygiene promotion related documents, tools and all IEC materials focusing on improving Knowledge, attitude and practices.
- Assist in developing an effective community mobilization strategy for targeted communities for all the organization’s projects areas.
- Work with field teams to identify and recommend appropriate hygiene promotion methodologies.
- Provide onsite technical support /advice to hygiene promotion teams on effective hygiene promotion approaches.
- Work with the WASH Specialist and Hygiene promotion in development of technical guidelines, hygiene promotion SOPs and hygiene promotion strategy.
- Assist in develop and designing all key hygiene promotion messages to be disseminated for the public on social media, or for directly for beneficiaries on the field.
- Work with communication unit and project managers to prepare and develop success stories for all hygiene promotion activities and to share them with donors and relevant clusters.
- accomplishment of approach goals and objectives.
- Designs and prepares CLTS activities in the targeted districts in Shabwa governorate.
- In cooperation with the project team, hygiene promotion assistant and community mobilizers, participate in selecting the sites and locations for implementing CLTS activities.
- Assist in updating, designing and developing hygiene promotion related documents, tools including all CLTS IEC materials focusing on improving Knowledge, attitude and practice as well as behaviour change.
- Conduct regular daily, weekly and monthly field visits to targeted areas and activities sites to evaluate implementation progress and prepare a detailed report on the achievements, challenges and recommendations.
- Provide onsite technical support /advice to community mobilizers and hygiene promotion teams on effective hygiene promotion approaches.
- Provides support on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of CLTS related activities.
- Reviews the assessment data, bill of quantities, bid analysis, contractor contracts, and overall rehabilitation plans and supervision of works for community based water supply schemes to be linked to CLTS triggered villages.
- Participate and supervise the distribution of CHKs, BHKs, ceramic filters, jerry cans, and any other related activities.
- Participate in the verification, registration, of beneficiaries of WASH assistance including the distribution of different hygiene kits, ceramic filters, etc.
- Participate in Preparing all beneficiaries distribution list and participate in the distribution of different hygiene kits and CASH assistance or any other related activity.
- Participate in the selection of CFW sites in coordination with the field WASH engineers, project team, community committee and other stakeholders.
- Contributing to the selection and training of the CLTS community mobilizers and community volunteers in the targeted districts.
- Analyses and evaluates data to ensure achievement of objectives and/or takes corrective action where necessary to meet project objectives.
- Provides regular reports to the project manager including brief monthly Activity Reports detailing activities undertaken and results achieved, and with a brief work plan for the subsequent month including field monitoring.
- Leads and supervises the CLTS staff and provides leadership and technical support as needed, and evaluates direct reports regularly
- Develops working plan, monitoring and evaluation on hygiene promotion activities according to CLTS approach.
- Participate in field assessments, surveys including need assessments, baselines, end lines, Pre-KAP, post KAP, PDMs and RRM.
- Participate in collecting and preparing the of the list of beneficiaries of Emergency Response Mechanism ERM, CFW, Hygiene kits, voucher assistance etc.
- Provide timely feedback to M&E Officer regarding data quality and issues in monthly reports.
- Monitors the process of social mobilization and behaviour change communication process, the use of BCC materials and the response from community and government.
- Develops tools and checklist for participatory monitoring success of implementation.
- Identifies gaps and facilitate with communities how to find solutions to address sanitation gaps through community action plans.
- Any other tasks assign by supervisor.
Hygiene Promotion Assessments and Project Design:
- Work with the WASH Specialist/hygiene promotion specialist in developing hygiene promotion and CLTS assessment tools and supporting field teams in conducting hygiene related assessments.
- Assist to development and preparation of CLTS tools, materials.
- Assist the project manager and WASH specialist in reviewing and preparation of the implementation of the project activities.
- Support field teams in development of technical evaluations, studies and preparation of hygiene promotion activity.
- Take technical lead updating all hygiene promotion tools and in conducting KAP surveys, need assessments, PDMs and any other hygiene promotion related assessments.
- Develop and roll out new hygiene promotion approaches including CLTS materials.
Project Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Follow up on daily and weekly basis the hygiene promotion team including the community mobilizers, community volunteers, hygiene volunteers conducting awareness sessions on hygiene key messages.
- Conduct training for community-based volunteer Hygiene Promoters on how to conduct hygiene sessions in their communities, and how to most effectively use IEC materials.
- Review all hygiene promotion program activities including CLTS with the field hygiene promotion teams in coordination with the Hygiene promotion assistants and project manager prior to commencement of activities.
- Coordinate with senior WASH engineer, the WASH team leaders and ensure hygiene promotion activities including CLTS activity remain and integral part of the WASH program.
- Support CLTS community mobilizers and volunteers and ensure activities are implemented as planned.
- Undertake regular field visits to verify quality of CLTS activities and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Support field community mobilizers and volunteers in preparation of hygiene promotion and CLTS reports.
- Edit and finalize all community volunteers and community mobilizers CLTS final reports.
- Ensure good archiving and documentation of CLTS activities.
Trainings and Capacity Building:
- Work with the WASH specialist and Hygiene promotion specialist to conduct capacity assessment and capacity building for CLTS, community mobilizers, community volunteers hygiene promotion teams.
- Work with hygiene promotion Specialist to prepare and roll out capacity building programs for hygiene promotion teams.
- Review CLTS and hygiene promotion related training plans, materials for field teams in collaboration with WASH specialist and project manager
Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Education Public Health, Communication or any other relevant field.
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience in this field.
- Experience in supervising and implementing WASH, activities including CLTS activity is preferred.
- Prior experience with NGO;
- Knowledge of and experience in project planning, project cycle management and logical framework;
- Prior experience with persons of concern (including internally displaced persons, conflict-affected host communities, extremely vulnerable individuals);
- Excellent computer skills including the usage of Microsoft office.
- Excellent usage of Advanced Excel.
- File Archiving skills.
- Very good business correspondence skills.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Good level of English language both speaking and writing.
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 8th 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
- Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.