Ended Country Human Resources Manager (Re-Ad)
Position: Country Human Resources Manager
Location: Country Office
Reports to: Deputy Country Director - Support
Duration: Till 31 December 2020, renewable based on fund availability and performance.
ABOUT RI: Established in 1990, Relief International (RI) is a leading global humanitarian, nonprofit organization committed to transforming adversity into renewal for the world’s most vulnerable populations. By partnering with communities on the front-lines, RI innovatively bridges the gap between immediate relief and long-term community development, providing them the tools and support they need to gain self-reliance.
The HR Manager is responsible for ensuring the day to day HR functions are performed in accordance with RI policies and procedures and HR best practice and to provide direct advice and guidance to Program Managers and staff on HR policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist in the regular review and roll out of HR policies, employment policies and procedures in compliance to RI’s standards and evolving national labor law.
- In collaboration with the Program Manager and Country Director, assist in the development of staffing and recruitment plan to ensure that each team is staffed appropriately, according to need and funding availability, in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure the consistent implementation of HR and administration policies and procedures across the country program.
- Ensure staff hiring is conducted efficiently and in compliance with RI’s policies and national labor law.
- Ensure a transparent, timely and efficient recruitment process.
- Determine salaries for selected candidates and prepare employment offer.
- Ensure pre-employment requirements are submitted and personnel file with documentation according to
- HR checklist is opened for new staff on a timely basis.
- Ensure that all staff have undergone orientation.
Compensation and benefits
- Ensure the timely and efficient payroll preparation for accurate data on donor code, number of days, benefits.
- Ensure the proper and accurate tracking of leave.
- Assist in the periodic salary review and analysis, and review and revision of new salary structure, as appropriate.
- Ensure the timely processing of new contract, contract extension, staff transfer, promotions and other change of status.
- Manage processes related to disciplinary actions, staff separation, and termination.
- Respond to employee related queries and provide services to all HR related inquiries and requests.
- Keep Personnel Manual updated and constantly communicate it, along with other HR policies to staff.
- Make sure that employees’ files are auditable at all times as per RI standards and any relevant donors’ requirements.
- Cooperate with RI’s Training Manager to implement capacity building initiatives and motivate staff to participate.
Qualifications and Requirements:
This position demands a dynamic individual with a demonstrated ability to achieve results in a demanding and fast paced environment.
- Educated to degree level, with professional qualification in HR.
- At least 5 years continuous practice in a similar position, with at least 1 year in an HR supervisory/management position.
- Experience of developing and implementing HR policies, procedures and systems.
- Direct experience of organizing large scale recruitments.
- INGO experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and deal with competing demands.
- Previous experience of staff supervision and capacity building.
- Fluent spoken and written Arabic and English.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- A team builder with excellent people skills; culturally sensitive and has the ability and interest to identify and work with a multicultural team.
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. We value:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
- Qualified candidates meeting the above requirements are requested to Click Here for submitting their application by midnight
August 8, 2020.
- RECRUITMENT IS URGENT: Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible and not to wait until the closing date, as CVs will be reviewed as they are submitted and INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONDUCTED ON A ROLLING BASIS.
- Females Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.