CP & CRG Program Officer
Child Protection and Child right governance Program officer – Yemen –Sana’a/Amran with travel to the field
The CP & CRG Program Officer is responsible to assist in the implementation of Child protection. Child Rights Governance program with special focus on SIDA CORE program in Sana’a covering the whole Yemen.
Key areas of accountability:
- Participate in required assessments, needs assessments and design
- Lead and support implantation of CP and CRG programs ensuring projects targets and activities are achieved with SCI specific quality standards.
- Familiarity and understanding with key technical areas of child rights governance, case management and child protection intervention protocols and standards.
- Plan and implement program activities with implementing partners ensuring that delays and constraints are documented and solutions identified
- Identify and ensure the timely supply of technical inputs as required for program delivery
- Make frequent visit to partners implementation sites to provide technical support and identify issues that need timely action and support at different levels;
- Prepare reports with statistical and narrative information on the progress of the Child Rights Governance targets, Psycho social support and the protection programming in the target communities
- Work in coordination with the Partnership Coordinator and under the supervision of the Program management for the overall implementation of the grant requirements and commitments.
- Assist in the quality implementation of activities in line with grant agreements and with SCI technical requirements
- Supervise, lead and provide support to CP team and staff under his/her line management.
- Ensure timely delivery of CP and CRG activities according to developed implementation plans.
- Support the implementation of partners’ plans to make sure they are on track and follow policies and protocols accordantly.
- Follow up and ensure smooth closing of implemented CP and CRG programs.
- Monitor progress of activities against planned achievements, outcomes and impact; and participate with the team on evaluating relevance and appropriateness of the intervention
- Ensure that the progress reports and data collection are timely submitted as per reporting schedule.
- Support and submit high level quality monthly, quarterly and final narrative reporting according to the grant’s reporting schedule and donor format.
- Work closely with MEAL staff to identify and report against indicator based progress and ensure quality standards are applied.
- Any other task request by line manage
- Identify learning and training opportunities for partners and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities, fraud and other relevant policies and procedures.
- Ensure the security, health and wellbeing of staff and that staff management and other processes and policies and systems reflect Save the Children's principles of equity and fairness.
- Bachelor degree in Social Sciences, business administration or any other related field.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Valuable experience with at least 2 years working in child protection, Child Rights and Governance field.
- One year or more experience working with implementing partners.
- Experience in budget management and tracking.
- A very good understanding of at key technical areas of CRG/ CP /CM programming and preferably with working knowledge of other thematic sectors e.x. Education, Livelihoods, WASH or health.
- Willingness and ability to dramatically change work practices and hours, and work with team, in the event of emergencies.
- Ability to analyze information, evaluate options, and follow the strategic directions as guided.
- An in-depth understanding of national development issues in particular in relation to children situation.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with Child focused and oriented opinion.
- Have proven leadership skills and ability to work in a team .
- Fluency Arabic and English both written and spoken
- Commitment to Save the Children values
- Computer Literate. MS Office.
Kindly use this link to apply:
This position is open to Yemeni nationals only
We are looking for both men and women from Yemen with enthusiasm and commitment to improve the protection and promotion of the rights of all children in Yemen All applicants will be subject to Save the Children’s Child safe guardian Policy and Reference Checking Process.