Logistics and Procurement Officer
Logistics and Procurement Officer
Terms of Reference
Division : Operations.
Duration: 20 Months.
Organization & Background:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The Logistic and Procurement Officer reports to the Logistics & Procurement Manager. He/ She will support activities including, logistics, contracting, transportation, shipping and requisitions, this position will be responsible for ensuring that mission and project wide logistic and procurement procedures are conducted in a timely and efficient manner. All procurements must adhere to operating policies and procedures and include accurate and up-to-date vendor and clearance agents’ information.
Logistic and Procurement Tasks:
- Prepare periodic procurement plans and reports for the procurement, logistics, departments and Project manager
- Prepare, follow up and supervise the movement of PRs and make sure of competition of all documents required according to the procedures adopted in the organization.
- Collecting bids/quotations, evaluating quotations, preparing bids summaries and contracts.
- Ensure that products purchased correspond to the requirements of the purchase requirements in terms of quantity and quality
- Establish and archive purchasing files in accordance with the rules of the organization and its donors.
- manage procurements while respecting the rules and approval procedures established by donors.
- Organize logistics processes, including communications and transport, as well as the related administrative procedures, for the organization’s operations in line with policies and procedures.
- Review and ensure completeness of all requisitions and communicates with programmer team for validation and inclusion.
- Review all purchase orders, invoices for accuracy and completeness before forwarding for approval.
- Assist in preparing, planning, designing and distribution of the CASH voucher assistance.
- Ensure enough place to receive RRM kits in Distribution Point with all relevant requirements of storage according to donor standards.
- Manage the vouchers assistance distribution.
- Undertake field visits to CFW project sites to provide logistical assistance.
- Conduct price-monitoring assessment.
- Ensure proper storage and warehousing of assets and program stocks, including proper receiving and issuing of stocks, maintenance etc.
- Ensure proper record keeping and safety of all items received in the warehouse (goods received notes, receipts, waybills, stock requests and all other documents) both electronically and manually as may be required for audit trail.
- Ensure strong collaboration and communication with project manager, procurement and logistic manager and project sites for the receipt and delivery of all items.
- Organize for casual labour when required at the site or warehouse (liaise with HR for recruitment and Finance for payment). Supervise the casuals during the time they have been hired in the warehouse/site until completion of work, to avoid any losses or miscounts.
- Cooperate with field logistic team to dispatch /receive the program items on time.
- Ensure the delivery of all purchased items to the requester, collects the proof of delivery and proceed to the validation of the invoices by the Admin team
- Participate in collect quotations for all purchases in accordance with the organization’s policy/standards and make sure to analyse them as appropriately as required.
- Insure all the payments for vendors are done on time and without any delay.
- Ensure all the procurement documents are filed appropriately and are easy to access.
- Assist in identifying vendors.
Coordination and Support
- Provide procurement support for programs and program support activities, ensuring the effectiveness of the supply system according to the organization’s procedures.
- Execute necessary contracting, transport, shipping and requisitions, following the organization’s procedures and policies.
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant departments/ functions regarding delivery of supplies and keep all parties informed of any changes.
- Prepare weekly, monthly and quarterly reports on purchases and spending.
- Maintain and keep files for purchase orders, quotations, contracts, tenders, and internal purchase requisitions.
- Coordinate closely with Program Manager regarding budgeting of materials, equipment and services.
The organization’s policies and procedures compliance:
- Ensure adherence to the organization and donor procurement policies and procedures, and to be in contact with procurement unit.
- Follow up with donor procurement regulations.
Qualifications, Experiences, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or any other related field.
- Strong administrative and time-management skills
- 2-3 years of experience in logistic procurement and/or administration.
- 2-3 years of experience in field-related activities, specially, in the field of cash/food for work in the rural areas.
- Experience with contracting/tendering, transportation and shipping.
- Excellent computer skills – including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent English language skills.
- Demonstrable commitment to gender-sensitive practices
- Experience in implementing Cash for Work and or Voucher Cash Transfer is preferred.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 9th 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.