Terms of Reference
Division : Programs.
Reports to: Project Manager.
Duration: 20 months.
About The Organization:
A humanitarian, independent, non-profit, non-governmental organization that works across Yemen. The organization provides direct assistance for conflict-affected populations, IDPs, host communities and vulnerable groups in the conflict areas. The organization, in partnership with international agencies, takes action during crisis situations, and goes the extra mile to engage in other contexts where its competencies will add value. The organization promotes durable solutions for conflict-affected populations and helps to restore services, education, economic, wellbeing and health.
The Project Assistant is responsible for providing administrative, logistic and programmatic support to assigned administrative personnel of WASH project; coordinating activities of assigned administrative personnel; monitoring assigned activities; and providing information, recommendations and/or direction as requested by assigned administrator.
The Project Assistant will also assist the Project Manager as well as other department staff in carrying out high-level project development, research and analysis, advocacy, organizing, negotiations, communications, organizational leadership, management and fund raising. The post holder will also handle WASH Assistant tasks and duties.
- Provides administrative and logistical support for projects, initiatives, and programs.
- Assists other team members in preparing and formatting documents, including, reports, proposals, plans and PowerPoint presentations;
- Assists assigned managers and team members by maintaining calendars, receiving and composing communications as correspondence, and replies to inquiries.
- Handles preparations, scheduling, logistics, and other various requirements for field mission’s travel.
- Drafts contracts, budgets, and donor reports with direction from manager and head of programs.
- Maintains a tracking system of responses to emails, official letters, proposals, etc..
- Develops and maintains an efficient filing system for the team, including assistance in processing calls for proposals as required.
- Keep records of all information related to project for documentation, clarification and presentation to management
- Processes financial documents including contracts, expense reports, invoices, etc. in coordination with logistic, finance and procurement units.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence, and assists with the development of project materials.
- Acts as the main contact person during the absence of team members, following-up on any emergencies with appropriate staff, and sharing workload with other projects' staff.
- Conduct regular field visits to supervise and following the activities implementation.
- Maintains a wide variety of manual and electronic documents files and records (e.g. policies, plans, budget data, employee records, financial records, district and national reports, and partners reports and publications etc.) for the purpose of providing up-to-date information and/or historical reference.
- Work with programs and projects staff at central level and at sub-levels, collaborating with writers, professional photographers, graphic designers and others technicians to ensure that quality content is produced, documented and released.
- Assists in the orientation of new staff, interns, research fellows and consultants by providing them with the necessary documents and materials for orientation; and
- Works with other projects team members to coordinate work activities, meet deadlines, and provide support where needed.
- Monitors a variety of activities on behalf of assigned manager for the purpose of achieving goals and meeting target dates.
- Participates in a variety of meetings, workshops, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and supporting the needs of the attendees
- Compiles data from a variety of sources (e.g. work orders, budget reports, specialized reports, personnel records, etc.) for the purpose of complying with financial, legal, reporting and/or administrative requirements
- Assist Communications and Programs staff in creating and recording durable, memorable high resolutions images and filming for documentary as and when required.
- Works with and maintains data management and filing for projects/program.
- Serves as an administrator of work product with other programs/departments, i.e. finance, program development, research and MEAL, etc.
- Liaises and communicates with project consultants and field office staff, providing logistical and administrative support, as directed.
- Participation in the preliminary survey and the definition of the region as well as the final survey of the target areas.
- Participate in field assessments, surveys including need assessments, baselines, end lines, Pre-KAP, post KAP, PDMs.
- Participate and supervise the distribution of CHKs, BHKs, ceramic filters, jerry cans, and any other related activities.
- Participate in the verification, registration, of beneficiaries of WASH assistance including the distribution of different hygiene kits, ceramic filters, etc.
- Prepare all finalized beneficiaries distribution list and participate in the distribution of different hygiene kits and CASH assistance or any other related activity.
- Supervise volunteers as and when required.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with instructions from assigned supervisors.
- Provide technical support for the implementation of the FSL and WASH program activities.
- Provide support to identify training needs, planning and implementation of relevant trainings
- Organize initial and on-job training for staff on WASH and FSL guidelines and protocols.
- Compile the data collected from the field to be submitted to the M&E Officer.
- Submit weekly/monthly statistics and narrative report to the project Manager and M&E Officer
- Support assessments/surveys, monitoring and evaluation of the, WASH and FSL activities.
- Maintain good and positive contacts with local authorities, and community leaders to ensure their involvement in program activities
- Any additional duties as requested by the supervisor.
- Assist the logistics department in procurement of WASH supplies, CFW tools by providing support specification for requested items;
- Provide regular supervision of supported sites including WASH, RRM CFW site for data collection/records of beneficiaries and supervise project activities, as well as timely implementation and reaching targets according to program objectives;
- Provide regular updates and reports to project Manager/ M&E Officer as required;
- Provide data, case studies and success stories to enrich reports for both internal and external use;
- Organize and conduct joint multifunctional team monitoring visits;
- Monitor program implementation and ensure accurate, timely data collection;
- Ensure linkages and integration of community mobilization activities and project services;
- Maintain program files.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or any other related field.
- 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Strong organizational and communication skills, with the ability to effectively present information and respond appropriately to questions from senior managers in the field.
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites as needed.
- Experience in implementing WASH, Cash for Work and Voucher Cash Transfer activities is preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in field-related activities, specially, in the field of CASH assistance /WASH for work in the rural areas.
- Strong English and Arabic skills, written and spoken. Ability to write reports in English is required.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their updated CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 9th 2020 at the latest, mentioning the job title in the subject line. Emails without such indication will not be considered.
Interviews will be conducted on a ROLLING BASIS, and based on urgency, we may fill the position prior to the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.